TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 yota and I want some brighter headlights. I'm gona have 4 either 6" or 8" light mounted on the front and I want some bright headlights to go along with it. Are silverstars about my only option or should I look for a light that have a removable bulb and try to find some HID bulbs.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you dotn want to use any type of hid bulbs in your stock or aftermarket housings, they are all crap and dont work properly, sure everyone has their opinion on them, but it isnt worth frying wires or the hassle....

you can get some elgal hella h4 conversion housing, and add higher wattage bulbs while also adding an upgraded wiring harness, that will get you a lot brighter than the stock setup and still remain completely legal

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Instead of replacing headlamp units, I simply bought some kit from ebay in which I had to replace the H4 bulbs and not the whole housing. It provided a clearer and brighter light and was fairly priced (I think something like $40 a kit). I currently run that on my 88 4Runner and they look like my original lamps, meaning they fit in the grill perfectly.

After that you have a range of options on bulbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts