TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, Ive got a 97 and am looking to do something different with the headlights. I hear about people putting some hella driving lights, but im not sure what yall are talking about. Are these same shape just made by hella or what? Im thinkin I want to somehow do a round head light but don't know where to start. It seems like Ive seen someone with them before on a 97. Let me know.
thanks, jd

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hella Driving Lights have nothing to do with your headlights, they're auxillary lights, like the ones on my front bumper on my site.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for that info. Im not experienced with lights AT ALL. But that doesn't answer my question if anybody has any ideas for any alternatives for a 97

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
jdiesel said:
I hear about people putting some hella driving lights, but I'm not sure what yall are talking about. Are these same shape just made by hella or what?
Sorry for not answering your question(s).

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have some new bulbs that are 80 watt low beams and 100 watt high beams. they really do the trick. i like them alot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should have sealed beam headlights... if you do Hella makes a 200mm replacement for the stock sealed ones, get the "offroad" version its a seperate part # in the catalog.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Gvus said:
You should have sealed beam headlights... if you do Hella makes a 200mm replacement for the stock sealed ones, get the "offroad" version its a seperate part # in the catalog.

Thanks for not having a smartass remark and just answering the question. :D

The rest of you people that had smartass remarks! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Gvus said:
Yes, definately go for the "euro" versions. I replaced the stock sealed beam headlights in my landcruiser with these. The headlights are brighter on that than my 05 tacoma.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Hella makes some conversions for the sealed beam lights that came stock. They are made of glass and take a standard H4 bulb that loads from the back. Much easier to replace than dealing with the grill everytime. There are a couple of other brands too but I have the Hellas and like them.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have the Hella H-4 conversion lamps and I couldn't be happier..Soooo much better that the stock sealed beams..

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
FYI Performance Products usually has the highest prices around. It pays to shop around. I think 4 Wheel fucksticks carry them too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the Hella "Euro" H4 kits #72206 in my 96 which are just drop in replacments, but now a can just change the bulb (I use 55/100) that way I don't bind anyone. I wish I would have made the change years ago, as it was one of the best things I have done.
I bought just bought a replacement (one got hit with a rock) at the local 4 wheel store in Richmond VA for $49.00 including a Hella 55/60W bulb.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all of the info. I like the idea of the hellas. Does anybody have a picture of theirs on the 95-97's?? Might be a stupid questions, but are these replacements still square?? I saw somebody that had some round ones. It doesn't matter to me, although the round ones looked pretty cool. Anyways, pics please!!
thanks guys
and thanks for the support mr. moderator

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a 96 tacoma with sealed beam lights i just replaced mine with Wagner True view sealed lights and they are a major increase in brightness from the stockers.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
jdiesel said:
Alright, Ive got a 97 and am looking to do something different with the headlights. I hear about people putting some hella driving lights, but im not sure what yall are talking about. Are these same shape just made by hella or what? Im thinkin I want to somehow do a round head light but don't know where to start. It seems like Ive seen someone with them before on a 97. Let me know.
thanks, jd
I got some replacment light housings off of Ebay that use the H-4 bulb. They work great and I only paid 20 bucks.
Kinda like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7960448590&category=33710

Or these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7960976999&category=33710

Or these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7960483160&category=33710

Or even these for a super sweet Ricer look: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7960790525&category=33649

·
Registered
62 Posts
Whats the difference between 72206 and 72207 ? One is off road version and one is not?

I believe the 72207 is non offroad and 72206 is offroad.

Whats the difference between the off road version and the non off road version?

Thanks...
J

1 - 20 of 21 Posts