TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sick of "repairing" my old faded headlights again and again each month, so I am looking into some new ones. I like the look of the "crystal" ones with the black housing:

BUT considering I do have HID's in the stock housing, when I came across these, I thought maybe that would be a better solution since it has a "projector" housing with cutoff:

Now I must admit I've never been a fan of projector style housings like these, but maybe they would be worth it for the light control? and if so maybe some tint on the headlights to subdue the ricer look..

Opinions on looks and if possible experience with these aftermarket type housings with projectors... flame on lol :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
French toast..

On a serious note, I'm in the same boat, getting ready to "redo" my headlights for the 3rd time. They're faded, dim, and suck....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you can clear coat your headlights to stop them from clouding up. Idk if fogging and clouding is the same thing though

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
anyone seen a set of this type of aftermarket projector HID housing w/o the gey halos and DRLs?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone seen a set of this type of aftermarket projector HID housing w/o the gey halos and DRLs?
I havent seen any yet, if they were out there, I would go for those for sure. Only thing I could think of is maybe doing the crystal ones up top with the projector retrofit, but thats gonna cost a few :2cents:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I havent seen any yet, if they were out there, I would go for those for sure. Only thing I could think of is maybe doing the crystal ones up top with the projector retrofit, but thats gonna cost a few :2cents:
I kinda like the idea of the 2-bulb design...single-beam projector HID along with the single hi-beam that could easily be converted to HID. The rest is useless bling.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if the LED's would be bright enough to work as a turn signal with the lights on? I was thinking bi-xenon (hi/lo) in the projector and using the other as a amber running light like the 2nd gens. halos are just there and ricey

Edit: a real rough photoshop of what they prob would look like in real life

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I wonder if the LED's would be bright enough to work as a turn signal with the lights on? I was thinking bi-xenon (hi/lo) in the projector and using the other as a amber running light like the 2nd gens. halos are just there and ricey

Edit: a real rough photoshop of what they prob would look like in real life
why not replace that row of LEDs at the bottom with amber chips and use that as a turn signal?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My fix

I'm still running stock housings... Every oil change I rebuff the lenses and sand em and dropped some hella H4 bulbs in for $8 a pop and running it till the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Retrofit FTW
Yup. HID retrofit is probably one of my favourite mods on my truck. Granted, I have an older truck and the housings are cheaper. Go with glass and never worry about fogging/hazing again :D It was like 30-40 bucks for the pair of housings for my truck, but that's just the simple rectangle design, probably a little more pricey for taco housings.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
holy old thread resurrection! I ended up getting a used set of the crystal style lenses free with a a full fiberglass package from a guy on DR, and im really surprised at what a difference it made. these have far less of the typical "glare" from putting HIDs in and are a much cleaner beam pattern. and they were free! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts