TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my Headlights. When i turn them on, only the left one and both corners are on. When I turn on the ups or flash them, they both work. I'm wondering if this could be the one bulb, or another electrical issue?

thanks, greg

·
Tacoma-dana 44
383 Posts
royboy333 said:
I have a problem with my Headlights. When i turn them on, only the left one and both corners are on. When I turn on the ups or flash them, they both work. I'm wondering if this could be the one bulb, or another electrical issue?

thanks, greg
Our headlight bulbs have two separate filaments. The low beam and high beam. That allows for the different aim, also, the high beam is higher wattage. Your low beam filament is burned out. The corner lights are not related to the headlights, except for using the same switch.

Go get a 9003 headlight bulb from an auto parts store. I like Sylvania Silver Stars, but that's somewhat of a personal choice.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like Silver stars too!
Buy a pair keep the old bulb for a spare
gets some plastic polish if the outsides are rough and getting dull
polish them up but once you do you gotta keep them up
They dull down in the winter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Timstoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing