TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 tacoma my heat knob will not stay all the to max heat. I can move it but as soon as I let go the knob will move a little. Now that it is really cold I don't think my truck is putting out the heat that is should. Any help?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ohio_Taco said:
On my 99 tacoma my heat knob will not stay all the to max heat. I can move it but as soon as I let go the knob will move a little. Now that it is really cold I don't think my truck is putting out the heat that is should. Any help?

There is a write up on this. Try searching.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
im having a similar problem and i've searched all over and can't find the write up. can someone link to it? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ohio_Taco said:

Uh oh, release The Dick! :kewl:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well for one thing this does not pertain to 4x4 so it should go in the Interior/Electrical/Electronics folder.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey, Ohio, with your 43 posts, ever heard of a folder called Interior/Electrical/Electronics???

Don't you think that would have been a better place to complain about your heater knob than 4x4 tech???

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Here I is.

1. This post is in the wrong folder.

2. What kind of engine do you have? On my 95 V6 there is a heater valve at the rear of the enigne up at the top. The valve is connect with a telflex cable, The 4 popper with have something similar. Look to see if the cable is connected, the lever on the valve not jamming against a heater hose or something. Maybe diconnect the cable from the valve lever and verify that the valve moves all the way OK. Then check back up the cable toward the lever in the cockpit looking for something maybe jamming it and that there are no kinks in the cable.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
absolut taco said:
Hey, Ohio, with your 43 posts, ever heard of a folder called Interior/Electrical/Electronics???

Don't you think that would have been a better place to complain about your heater knob than 4x4 tech???

If you notice this posted this back in January, sorry that the dam board was new to me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
By golly, he is right!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Well I'll be dammed.
Did you get it fixed? If so what did it turn out to be. Just checkin myself now.

·
Registered
715 Posts
release the white snap where the cable attatches to the vent/core area, pop the cable off, turn the vent manually and see if it binds. Then turn hot to cold a few times to see if the cable is bound/binding. If not push the heat all the way on and reconnect the cable.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Mine had apparently frozen in place on year and when I tried to move it slightly off the hottest setting it popped and then would no longer go all the way down...so I cranked it until it popped back and I was good, nothing obvious broken and it still works great!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ohio_Taco said:
If you notice this posted this back in January, sorry that the dam board was new to me.
Well I couldn't help myself, I thought it was another one of a long string of the recent "wrong folder" epidemic. I was new as well back then and probably commited the same offense. ;)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Intrepid said:
Mine had apparently frozen in place on year and when I tried to move it slightly off the hottest setting it popped and then would no longer go all the way down...so I cranked it until it popped back and I was good, nothing obvious broken and it still works great!
mine popps every time i try to move it

i bought a new cable but havent had the chance to replace it yet, hopefully thats all it is

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You should get under the hood and check the valve before you go messing with the cable.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ill definetly check the valve out before i rip my dash apart

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine pops as well, about 5 times on the way from coldest to hottest and the heat wont come on. the valve in the engine compartment works fine so the problem must be somewhere from the cable back to the controls.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have not had time to mess with it and being so hot out I just put on cold and left it that for the last few months. Thought I would try to turn it and clicks badly, and to make it even worse when I turned the knob it made a loud click at first, now the one of the lights don't work on the climate control. Don't have a choice but to take it out and try to fix it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts