TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 2001 Tacoma 2.7. I've been searching the forums for a while now trying to chase down the reason my heater blows cold air. the temp gauge stays at the normal position, I have plenty of coolant in the radiator, all the heater hoses are warm to the touch. I've flushed the heater core, and I have to move the heater control valve manually under the hood (done it for the past 2 years I've had the truck without any problems until now) the knob for the fan speed still works as normal. I burped the system today and got a lot of big bubbles out of the system. Also the a/c hasn't worked since I've owned the truck if that means anything to anybody, and all the fuses are good. I'm really at a loss right now as to what I should do next and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're talking about the knob on the dash i've been turning it too. How can i check to see if that valve is busted?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I finally got some time to mess with the heater. I haven't removed the hoses from the heater control valve to look inside it yet (they're all still warm to the touch) but I just noticed that with the key in the on position when I turn the knob on the dash there is a grinding/ squealing type sound coming from somewhere. The noise happens when I turn the knob towards the red and stops at varying rates depending on how far the knob is turned. when I turn it back to the blue there's still a sound but it doesn't sound like anything out of the ordinary to me. Anybody have an idea what would cause this? Also, I filled my overflow tank for the radiator to the full line last weekend when I burped the system and all that, and it was still full when I finished but now its almost dry. I'm not sure if that could have anything to do with my problem or not. the radiator is still full

1 - 6 of 6 Posts