TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 4cyl prerunner and when driving at 30-35mph the truck vibrates violently which seems to be coming from the rear..once i past 35 it goes away, then at 50mph a loud!! rattling/squealing noise appears(no vibration) then goes away once i past 55mph...when i hit 80mph the vibration comes back..

this happens when decelerating too and is consistent when in neutral... any help is very appreciated..

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
bodyboardershawaii said:
i have a 99 4cyl prerunner and when driving at 30-35mph the truck vibrates violently which seems to be coming from the rear..once i past 35 it goes away, then at 50mph a loud!! rattling/squealing noise appears(no vibration) then goes away once i past 55mph...when i hit 80mph the vibration comes back..

this happens when decelerating too and is consistent when in neutral... any help is very appreciated..
I'd check for a worn u-joint. The one all the way in the rear, at the diff, seems to go out first for most of us. Jack up your rear, and spin, shake and wobble the hell out of your drive shaft, see if there is play in the u-joint. I'd lay off the 80 mph test runs, 'til you find the problem. ;)

--Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts