TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a new Tacoma, and if I do, I want to put a 3 inch lift and 33's on it. I live in a community that requires all cars be garaged I need to know what the height increase will be so I can tell if it will fit in my garage. Any ideas?? Thanks

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
They probably got rules against modifying the structures as well :rolleyes:...

Hmmm... I'd have to move...

My truck sits close to 6 ft in height (eyeballing with a tape)... with 3 1/2" off lift and 33's...

Depending whether you have a roll-up or tilt up... You should have 7-8 ft height on that G door opening ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... I should have plenty of room then. Can you give me a ball park idea of the cost involved in doing the lift, tires and wheels? i know there are many different options but what I am looking at.. 2-3k minimum or more like 4 or 5k??? thanks again!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
saw's 2.5 800 full leaf pack 600 = 1400 (best way to go IMHO)
3" spaces lift 300-500
oem everything for about 600-700 I think...

tires 200 each about depends on a/t or mud terrain and 15" or 16" rims..
(can get buy 3 get one free through some places now)

All are out of my head from what I can remember... THink they are pretty accurate.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I paid just over $300 for my 3" spacer/add a leaf from Toytec. I love it and am very glad I did it. Wheels depend a lot, anywhere from ~50 each for steelies up to who knows for bling big wheels. same with tires and brand. I'm looking at 33's for mine now and im planning 200ish each for swampers. But should be less for different styles. Good Luck! (Oh and other than the CB antenna, I fit into any garage, so you should have no worries there)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Come down a little on your wants and settle for 1.4" less clearance (depending on the tire brand)....

OME886/Dakars, ARB, & [email protected] BFG 265/75/16 T/A KMs

$2355 including installation of all parts and mount/balance....courtesy 4wheelparts, Parma during March Madness sale.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 taco. What are you looking for? Wheeling, bling, a mix...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
maximus73 said:
I live in a community that requires all cars be garaged
Are you serious? That's pretty absurd IMHO unless it's an apartment complex where they are making money off of renting out the garages.

·
Registered
793 Posts
partyman66 said:
Are you serious? That's pretty absurd IMHO unless it's an apartment complex where they are making money off of renting out the garages.
Homeowners Associations, glad I live in the woods!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
maximus73 said:
I am considering buying a new Tacoma, and if I do, I want to put a 3 inch lift and 33's on it. I live in a community that requires all cars be garaged I need to know what the height increase will be so I can tell if it will fit in my garage. Any ideas?? Thanks
unless I missed something...a 3" lift will make your truck, uh...3" taller :rolleyes: Ok...add 1" for the tire size change...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
maximus73 said:
Thanks guys... I should have plenty of room then. Can you give me a ball park idea of the cost involved in doing the lift, tires and wheels? i know there are many different options but what I am looking at.. 2-3k minimum or more like 4 or 5k??? thanks again!
doing it right the first time or trying 3 different lifts like most of us before finally figureing out what you should have done in the first place? ;)

oh, and don't forget the cost of the regear for the taller tires.

·
Registered
358 Posts
About the garage, I have about 7" of lift on my 4Runner and 36" tires. It still fits in a standard garage height. You should be fine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hell If I had to garage all my vehicles I tell the HOA to go stuf sand up their ass and move the hell out. HOA''s suck ass anyway's, but that is fucking ridiculous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts