TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a pair of hella 500 driving lights. How nice are they? I don't really know anything about lights. They are in great shape and I didn't pay a dime :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like mine alot, some people think their stock high beams are brighter and others dont. Mine are way brighter then the high's. I think I am going to try and put some 100 watt bulbs to see.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had 2 different sets of these on my bull bar when it was on and the housings just couldn't seem to hold up to tree limbs and branches oh yeah and they don't hold up to your whole bull bar being ripped off by someone telling me they hooked the rope to my toe hook but really wrapped around the bracket of the bull bar :doh: :xsmash:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have the smaller 450s and they are OK. Not fantastic but do the job on night runs just fine.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Oh I have a little experience with those ;)

It's an ok budget light... I had two drivers and two fogs... Served me well... The lights aren't much brighter then the stock headlight... But with the combo I had... It did fill in purdy good where the stock headlights failed to... I especially liked the fogs... Really nice wide pattern... The drivers just supported the highbeams with just a tad more distance and more spot on.... I tried the 100 watt bulbs and I think the housing can't handle the heat... But mostly I kept killing bulbs and wasn't willing to pay top dollar for some decent H-3's... On a dark trail... they were sufficient lights at slow/medium speeds... They wouldn't be very good for the desert runners though... My biggest peeve though... is that they break easily... Little rocks and shiat usually puts a hairline crack in the lens fairly easy... But they're fairly cheap to replace if you can get them 2nd hand... cheaper then more costly Light/Lenses for sure... All said and done... I'm glad to be moving on to better things...

Oh and anything for free is better then nothing... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
TacoDell
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing