TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding auxiliary lights to my Taco...

Does anyone have experience with the Hella FF-75's??

I'm not sure whether I want the Driving Light or Fog Light version...

Any suggestions / Opinions??

Thanks,

PRB

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have 2 of them on my safari rack.They have worked fine for me. I wouldn't expect them to take a real beating from tree branches and such, since the casing is plastic. mine have held up fine since they are protected by my safari rack . They made a big difference for night wheeling. I started with 2 to try them and am getting ready to add 4 more. The best price I found was ebay. A seller called offroad911 has them for $37.00 a pair shipped.

If you are mounting them low you want fog. If they are going high get driving.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can have BOTH the Driving and Fog lights in one package if you buy the HELLA OPTILUX 2020's.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
hey, where were you thinking of mounting them? I was looking at the same lights and have a thread started about mounting them in the stock front valance ...looks like the size would be just right...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dougtrd said:
hey, where were you thinking of mounting them? I was looking at the same lights and have a thread started about mounting them in the stock front valance ...looks like the size would be just right...
Yea, I found the following pics on CustomTacos.com - I'm thinking the outermost on the valance looks best.

Don't really want to do the full time turn signal mod the Taco at the bottom has... not my style.

See pics at:

http://my.glasscity.net/~brigner.perry/ff75-valance-combo1.jpg

PRB

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
right on...exactly what I had in mind...any idea how bright they are? they dont look that bright in the pics

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts