TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Reid and I moved here to kennesaw about a year ago. I am in the NAVY and work on NAS Atlanta(shares the same land as Dobbins AFB) and when I got here I sold my heavily built jeep and bought a volvo. Well after about 6 months of that, the car got sold and I picked up a 2000 4runner with 89k on the clock(91k now) back in january. I came from california and am used to just going out to my back door to do some wheelin. I lived just south of death valley. I am trying to find a group to go wheeling with around here. I havent had much luck yet but thats why I am here! the 4runner is pretty much a stocker with 265/75/16 toyo open country AT's that i just put on, but thats about it. Is there stuff out and around acworth and cartersville or something? Please let me know. I am bored driving this thing on the street!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Welcome Reid, yea there are some great guys here and some even better places to wheel. Some of the guys in your area will post up with some minor wheelin in your area I am sure. Tellico is a great spot, which is where most of the guys are at this weekend doing the yearly clean up event, pickin up trash and trying to preserve the OHV area as much as possible. Keep your eye on the events threads and off topic stuff and try to get out to meet some of the guys. Once agian welcome....seamen....;) sorry buddy, had to do it, even though thats probaly not even close to your job feild/MOS or whatever the hell ya'll call it....Lol

-ex army grunt-

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
welcome. where abouts in k-town do u live?

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Good deal, man! Welcome! Like Rick said, just keep an eye out for some outings. Seems like everybody has spend the last several months in the garage, every weekend, building, cussing, throwing tools, and re-building. But, those days are coming to an end, and we should be back on the trails, as often as possible, very soon!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Welcome to GA TTORA.. Like Greg said where do you live in Kennesaw?

Haha Alan the theme for me always is rebuilding or like I like to call it redesigning.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
What's up man, there are great people and places around for you to explore. take your runner up to the mtns and explore and test out your runner. Putting 3inch lift and mud terrains is a given with this group. alot of the vehicles are setup w/ 33s around here. Rock sliders would also be a to do if you want hit tellico and not worry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry that it took me so long to respond. Busy with school. I live off of barrett lakes in crappy ol AMLI. What about the rest of you? When you say head up to the mountains, where? I dont know where to start heading. Are there any certain areas in particular? Well since I got married there has not been any "redesigning" unfortunatly. I really want to get out and get dirty. My wife and I really want to get out and do some wheelin and camping. I was part of a club in california that we did that just about every weekend. It was a blast!

OH and tweeder3410, Thats Petty Officer! HAHA J/K

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I live a bit south west of you, about an hour away. There are 5 or 6 members close to where you live. Well tellico clean up was this weekend, but there are plenty of opportunities to hit that place. in june there will be a big run up there again. next month i think grey rock is up and the next will be river rock. Google up these places to find info on them. depending on schedules people wheel all the time. post up when you are free and want to hit trails or join people wheeling.

·
Registered
951 Posts
LOL ok so you've done your time then... I have been tryin to get some guys together for a backpackin trip as well so keep an eye out for that. This is a wheelin group but we tend to steer away and just enjoy the outdoors other ways sometimes.

We are deffintly up for a camping trip!

·
Registered
410 Posts
fnrunner314 said:
First off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Reid and I moved here to kennesaw about a year ago. I am in the NAVY and work on NAS Atlanta(shares the same land as Dobbins AFB) and when I got here I sold my heavily built jeep and bought a volvo. Well after about 6 months of that, the car got sold and I picked up a 2000 4runner with 89k on the clock(91k now) back in january. I came from california and am used to just going out to my back door to do some wheelin. I lived just south of death valley. I am trying to find a group to go wheeling with around here. I havent had much luck yet but thats why I am here! the 4runner is pretty much a stocker with 265/75/16 toyo open country AT's that i just put on, but thats about it. Is there stuff out and around acworth and cartersville or something? Please let me know. I am bored driving this thing on the street!
Open diffs, no sliders, and 32 in A/T's

I like you already. :xrocker: :xcrazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tweeder3410 said:
LOL ok so you've done your time then...
Yep, I will have 4 years in next month.

I am excited to get out and do things again. Being cooped up sucks. I love being outdoors. Anyone around here ride bikes? (I dont mean crotch rockets) I have a Down Hill bike that I like to ride around on.

Ican'tdriveontheroad said:
Open diffs, no sliders, and 32 in A/T's
I like you already.
I certainly meet that criteria! I am working on getting at least sliders soon to help the wife, who has short legs, get in and out. I want to fab a removable step so she can get in and out when we are out in town but I can remove it when out wheelin.

I look forward to meeting and wheeling with you all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ha!!!! Sliders are overrated, just kidding, I hope to get some once I get some metal, a welder, alot of beer, and enough nuts to trust my own fabrication. Not really, just going to wait until I can knock outa few birds with one stone before I do my next round of mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They came in hand when wheeling out in death valley. Plus I love them because you have those people who dont pay attention and throw their car doors open and now they are going to smash them on my rock rails. It happened to me out in california when I was in the car and the girl was pissed when she had a nice curved dent on the edge of her door! I laughed so hard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts