TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D
Just a LONG bit about me and my new to me 1996, single cab, 4x4, 5sp, 2.7L, with Rhino lined bed,120,000 mile Tacoma. < that was a mouthful
I bought this truck after a lot of research on the reliability of these Toyota's compared to all the other makes in this size range. Gas mileage to power available was high on the decision list.
This one is in pretty good shape and was well maintained so I expect at least another 120,000 + out of it.
Spring is about here so I'm going to start by changing all fluids, cleaning up the intake, adding an oil catch can, adding a Fumoto oil drain valve, checking the plugs out and a general cleanup and tune. Do you suppose I have a limited slip differential?
My background in auto mechanics started before I was a teen which led to fast woman, cars, maybe not in that order but you get the general idea. Trained in the US Navy as a diesel mechanic (engineman). Worked as a mechanic on a lot of stuff when I got out and got tired of doing it and changed my career to Telecom. Now I only work on my own stuff but will help friends out if they are willing to get greasy too. I believe it sharing info and best method practices so I joined the forum rather than lurk.
There you have it and probably the most you will ever hear from me in one sitting.
By the way you can call me norms96

PS just noticed everyone posting locations, I'm in Maryland.

·
Registered
51 Posts
welcome

hey man whats up? welcome to the club and try and hook up with the local chapter and get on some wheelin trips.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts