TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Name's Edward. I just ordered my Impulse Red crew cab Prerunner. It will arrive April 1. Can't wait!!!! What a drive!! I was thinking about getting a Nissan Titan. They have a Great forum at Titantalk. Then I drove a Tacoma. I was hooked. I have a few questions. Is there a link to the TSBs for the Tacoma? I have heard some stories about the composite bed cracking and some possible suspension problems on the passenger side. I did notice that the v6 was loud when you hit WOT so I ordered 2 gallons of Car Quiet. It's much better than Dynamat as it absorbs the sound rather than reflecting it. Glad to be here on the forum. Feel free to PM me with some of the problems I might encounter and the fixes for them. Having a hard time with the patience thing since my vehicle is still two weeks away.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I recommend spending as much time as possible with other Tacoma owners, cruising the Toyota lots and writing in your personal journal about your feelings for your new Tacoma. Okay, so I'm kidding - but only a little bit!

Keep hanging out with other Tacoma owners both in person and on this forum. That's the best therapy. I went without my truck for a month while it was in the body shop. Friends would give me rides in their Tacomas so I could ease the pain of separation!

Oh, and take pictures of your new truck when you pick her up from the dealer.

Have you thought of any names for the new family member?

·
Registered
20 Posts
eperk01 said:
Hey everyone. Name's Edward. I just ordered my Impulse Red crew cab Prerunner. It will arrive April 1. Can't wait!!!! What a drive!! I was thinking about getting a Nissan Titan. They have a Great forum at Titantalk. Then I drove a Tacoma. I was hooked. I have a few questions. Is there a link to the TSBs for the Tacoma? I have heard some stories about the composite bed cracking and some possible suspension problems on the passenger side. I did notice that the v6 was loud when you hit WOT so I ordered 2 gallons of Car Quiet. It's much better than Dynamat as it absorbs the sound rather than reflecting it. Glad to be here on the forum. Feel free to PM me with some of the problems I might encounter and the fixes for them. Having a hard time with the patience thing since my vehicle is still two weeks away.

Here is a link to a recall web site you can check on the bed and many others. Good luck.

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/index.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts