TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum but not Toyotas. I have a 04 4Runner that I'm slowly building. Love working on her myself!! Are there any other women in the Colorado Springs area that like working on their truck/going to the mountains?

Hope to see or meet fellow Yota lovers, summers coming can't wait.

·
20,355 Posts
Welcome! There is a decent sized group that is active down in the springs.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Welcome, Felix does a good bit of work to her truck; also named Felix. I have a pipe dream to buy my gal a first gen Runner, but for now we get by with my pile.

·
Registered
556 Posts
New to this forum but not Toyotas. I have a 04 4Runner that I'm slowly building. Love working on her myself!! Are there any other women in the Colorado Springs area that like working on their truck/going to the mountains?

Hope to see or meet fellow Yota lovers, summers coming can't wait.
Welcome! We need more women in the sport! I have a first gen toy that I built from ground up, his name is Felix. Hopefully we can have a meet and greet soon. What you work on at the moment?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome, ya we need to get back out here soon

·
Registered
277 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 04 Runner….my current project is wiring :confused:

I have led lights to go in the front, making led lights to go in the rear markers, new dash cam for the rear and figuring out the wiring setup for constant and switched power is making me want to scream.

Heres a list of what I have so far…..spacer leveling kit 2.5/1.5, B.A.M.F. sliders, dash cam, pioneer HU, purple cluster gauges, resonator removed/tailpipe turned to the side, theres lots more. Now I need the big stuff….skids, winch, lift, fridge ;)

Edit: Oh yeah how could I forget the cargo box I built!!

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts

I have led lights to go in the front, making led lights to go in the rear markers, new dash cam for the rear and figuring out the wiring setup for constant and switched power is making me want to scream.

Heres a list of what I have so far…..spacer leveling kit 2.5/1.5, B.A.M.F. sliders, dash cam, pioneer HU, purple cluster gauges, resonator removed/tailpipe turned to the side, theres lots more. Now I need the big stuff….skids, winch, lift, fridge ;)

Wow that's a sweet rig! Purple gauges I love it,I have green gauges with purple accents. Yea,wiring sucks,I gave up on mine and bought a painless harness and that was nicer but still really hard. That cargo box is nice adds to it. What type of winch you thinking? I need one too, but debating which one to go with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that's a sweet rig! Purple gauges I love it,I have green gauges with purple accents. Yea,wiring sucks,I gave up on mine and bought a painless harness and that was nicer but still really hard. That cargo box is nice adds to it. What type of winch you thinking? I need one too, but debating which one to go with.
The winch is still a ways off but not sure which one. Have to do research and see what people think of theirs. What kind are you thinking of getting?

Are you in the Springs? You don't even know Ive been dying to meet another woman that has this same interest.

Your gauges sound very interesting :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
The winch is still a ways off but not sure which one. Have to do research and see what people think of theirs. What kind are you thinking of getting?

Are you in the Springs? You don't even know Ive been dying to meet another woman that has this same interest.

Your gauges sound very interesting :)
Yep, I'm in the springs, me too I've been looking for more women to wheel with. That purple is awesome! Very clean I love it.
I was looking into the Warn zeon winch, it's suppose to be very fast. I'm just worried that it would be really big on my front end. I was thinking about synthetic rope but I think cable is better.

This is my dash and the gauges will glow green when I get them hooked up.

If you'd like to see more of Felix, he has his own build thread in extreme mods, title is a new felix. I'm interested in your rig, looks great.

·
Registered
785 Posts

at the ignition harness, your constant wire color should be red and your switched ignition is black red. your accessory will be white and green. all three wires will be in a white plug at the ignition. there will be 8 wiresinthe plug total

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
at the ignition harness, your constant wire color should be red and your switched ignition is black red. your accessory will be white and green. all three wires will be in a white plug at the ignition. there will be 8 wiresinthe plug total
I have a little more to save but it gives me time to figure it out.

I want a dual battery setup, two fuse blocks 1 for constant and 1 for switched.

It's just a matter of what gauge wire, where to put the blocks, relays, somewhere the alternator comes into play. I know there's other things I need, hence more research.

I have stuff I can setup up now once I get it figured out but there will be more to add down the road that will require more power so I want it ready for it now and not have to do an overhaul on it later.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have a little more to save but it gives me time to figure it out.

I want a dual battery setup, two fuse blocks 1 for constant and 1 for switched.

It's just a matter of what gauge wire, where to put the blocks, relays, somewhere the alternator comes into play. I know there's other things I need, hence more research.

I have stuff I can setup up now once I get it figured out but there will be more to add down the road that will require more power so I want it ready for it now and not have to do an overhaul on it later.

i was in the process of looking into dual battery setups as well. there is a lot of helpful information out there on the subject.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not yet, but I'm thinking about putting one fuse block in the engine bay and one in the cargo area (not sure thought).

Got a CB the other day, now just need to get the rest of the stuff to go with it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not yet, but I'm thinking about putting one fuse block in the engine bay and one in the cargo area (not sure thought).

Got a CB the other day, now just need to get the rest of the stuff to go with it.
missed a meet and greet today at Texas Roadhouse

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
11 Participants
wrmathis
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing