TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after 3 years on the jeep side ive decided to reserect the truck and see how it does on the colorado trails

the truck has been in storage for 3 years and now that the jeep is starting to get a little tired and needs some serious tlc ive decided to pull the truck out of mothballs and run it for a change.

it is a 91 toyota extended cab pu with a 3.0 automatic, 5.5 in lift, 33's, home built sliders, and a rear lockrite locker.

it needs a new fuel pump to get moving again but i should be able to get that installed by next weekend, hopefully, and get the tags and insurance going again as well.

the only pic i have on this computer is this one so i need to get it out on the trails soon to get some more

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a pic of the truck

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome, glad you could join. Hope it feels good to get the truck out of mothballs. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its actually not too bad, the engine is new (thank you toyota) so it has some good power, it is running 4.10's if i remember correctly. as for the pic i was driving through that ditch, ravine, washout, and smacked a rock on the other side with my front diff. didn't have a armored diff cover and broke it, patched it up and drove it home :) i need to replace the fuel pump to get it back on the road but im assuming that is fairly straight forward operation so ill work on that next weekend. im actually excited to get this truck back out there, it has been in storage for 3 years so its going to be like having a new toy again. (no pun intended). im even thinking about building some more armor for it, some rear sliders for behind the back wheels and a new cross member as i remember the stock one being a pain on the rocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep thats me :) thinking of going that route or possibly the cable disconnect for the rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah right! its my truck that i will be letting him drive when he gets to 16 or maybe 18 lol and if he is real good he may get to take it to college, unless i decide to keep it for myself and buy him some other clunker.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome, nice looking truck. Hope to wheel with you soon.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Welcome, maybe I'll see ya around my neck of the woods. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you probably already have but in my red jeep unlimited. im going to be selling that one and downsizing to the truck and the wifes jeep.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol im everywhere! and still looking, ive been lax in the toyota world for the last few years so now i have to play catchup to get back up to speed on the truck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts