·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
IT LIVES! well i got the new fuel pump in this morning and now i just need to get it registered (project for tomorrow) did notice the power steering pump making some noise, fluid looks ok but who knows. any suggestions? what should i look into? its been sitting for 2 years so im guessing belts?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
you probably already have but in my red jeep unlimited. im going to be selling that one and downsizing to the truck and the wifes jeep.
Whereabouts are ya? I'm right at University and County Line.

·
20,355 Posts
Try bleeding the system to be sure air isnt your problem. Belts should be pretty easy to spot if that is what is making the noise.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well i can tell you its not atf :( its clear fluid so i guess ill drain it and flush it out. i have a bunch of dex 3 and dex 4 in the garage, what to you all suggest i use in it?

i should have it on the road by tomorrow afternoon as long as the emissions goes ok. it passed with flying colors 3 years ago before i put it in storage :) thinking a oil change is a top priority for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Whereabouts are ya? I'm right at University and County Line.
im at mccarther and wildcat reserve across from the walgreens

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I thought ATF and power steering fluid were interchangeable (at least in the power steering system).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Put ATF in it and it seems to be working ok besides having a small resistence when turning right from center but it's such a small amt of resistance that I can ignore it

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hmm. I need to see what's in my little truck then, cuz it's loud (almost like Ford loud).

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
yea i ruined my pump with powersterring fluid, it a newer pump but still the sam effects, it got really really loud when i topeped it off with ps fluid when it was running low.... that was a costly brain fart!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts