TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm retired Air Force and decided to stay here at Okinawa Japan. I've picked up a 2000 Toyota Hilux 4WD four door pickup. It has the 3RZ-FE engine, and the suspension of the older 4Runner in it.

I'll be trolling for performance parts and accessories for the next few years!

Terry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engines

Yep, inline 4, gassed and supercharged!

Now I'm looking for a replacement computer system, lift kit, intake and exhaust kit. I know what you are thinking, "Hey, he's in Japan, parts should be easy to come by!". Well, their not. I got the supercharger from the states and had to send back the piggy back ECU to get a different model. Most of the larger parts places won't even talk to me after I tell them it's a JDM.

If any of you know what parts and accessories are available for my model please let me know. And of course if anyone needs parts specifically from Japan, let me know.

Terry

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Remember to check out the Search Button and Newbie Tech thread to see if your question has been asked and answered in the past.
How about posting a pic of your HiLux.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yep, inline 4, gassed and supercharged!

Now I'm looking for a replacement computer system, lift kit, intake and exhaust kit. I know what you are thinking, "Hey, he's in Japan, parts should be easy to come by!". Well, their not. I got the supercharger from the states and had to send back the piggy back ECU to get a different model. Most of the larger parts places won't even talk to me after I tell them it's a JDM.

If any of you know what parts and accessories are available for my model please let me know. And of course if anyone needs parts specifically from Japan, let me know.

Terry
go to urdusa.com for a piggyback computer for your setup.

·
Registered
532 Posts
thats too bad its not a Diesel if i lived in japan i would be soking up the diesels still a sweet truck though
i would find a bj74 cruiser with front and rear cable lockers. or elockers. medium wheelbase, sfa, turbo deisel. :drool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pieces parts

I already have a piggy back computer system (it came with the supercharger). Now I'm trying to match up an exhaust system. Difficult since they didn't sell this model in the US and I don't read Japanese. I'm contacting the Japanese ARB distributer tonight for front and rear bumpers/guards.

I have contact with ProComp for a lift kit. They were able to take my info with out caring what year the truck is and match just the frame specifications and give me a part number (lift kit is from 86-95 pickup or a 86-89 4Runner). Just gotta make sure that the RHD isn't a problem.

I have a steel bumper on the rear and a hidden hitch 2 inch receiver hanging off the rear. However, the receiver and bumper interfer with each other when I try to put the pintle hook attachment in. So I'm looking for a bumper with receiver built in (possibly ARB will have something).

And because this engine isn't very popular here I'm considering building the V6 and topping it with my supercharger. Gotta call Alpine and see if they will sell me the required intake for that!

Thanks for all the inputs:) !

Terry

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Hello!

I'm retired Air Force and decided to stay here at Okinawa Japan. I've picked up a 2000 Toyota Hilux 4WD four door pickup. It has the 3RZ-FE engine, and the suspension of the older 4Runner in it.

I'll be trolling for performance parts and accessories for the next few years!

Terry
I used to live in Okinawa as a kid. I lived in Kadena Circle just outside of Kadena air force base. I was there the year we, the Americans, gave the island back to the Japanese. Now that was an inertresting time when they started rioting and turning over buses and such. I went to grade school on Naha. What made you stay there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Japanese wife! I got my retirement, she works on base as MLC and wants her retirement too! I'm not against that...

Any chance any of your stuff (Demello front and/or rear bumpers) will fit on my truck?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Japanese wife! I got my retirement, she works on base as MLC and wants her retirement too! I'm not against that...

Any chance any of your stuff (Demello front and/or rear bumpers) will fit on my truck?

I'm not sure. Send us some pictures of the front mounting points and rear mounting points and any possible deminsions you can come up with. Send it all to [email protected] and we'll see what we can do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts