TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would come over here and see whats going on in colorful colorado...and WOW, what did I find, but a bunch of in-fighting, namecalling and other BS...so let me tell you a story....

In preperation for the 07 Takeover in Farmington a lot of us NMTTORA folks put in a ton of time, money, and effort to make the event as cool as possible for all those who would attend. Obviously this put a strain on our club, which resulted in similar situations to what y'all have going now. Lots of folks were pointing fingers and saying this should have been that way, and that shoud have been this way blah blah blah...people were gonna help and then never showed up...some feelings got hurt over some name calling...there were jokes about NoNMTTORA vs SoNMTTORA....

The result was that our chapter crumbled, officially there is a NMTTORA but go check our message board(its still Delphi because everyone gave up and we havent even gotten with the vbulletin) there is almost no traffic there except the occasional newb wondering where everyone is at. There are still quite a few of us who wheel together as frequently as possible, but in terms of organized club activity there is none.

So here's the thing...y'all need to quit with the bullshit and focus on what this is about...wheeling....thats what this club was founded on and should really be the only focus. If you wanna have christmas parties and events like that, great...but dont let it distract from the main goal of this club...wheeling. Use your energy to fight with the enviornmental extremists who are trying to close our trails, not with each other, it is completely counter productive.

That being said, you all have a pretty good sized club, a prez who is active( I give Troy alot of shit on the NB but its only cuz I'm an E-THUGG:D and I enjoy a good argument every now and then), and frequent organized events, enjoy it and quit finding reasons to pick fights with one another over truly inconsequential crap. If your not happy with your club either step up and make the change youd like to see or find another group who more closely matches your preferences, but stop trying to tear apart the folks who come here for the 4 wheeling.

Now Get out and wheel....Oh yeah, dont forget to mark your calendars for the CCC the weekend of Sept 6!!!!

Doug

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah I remember that... that's how the Degenerates came to be.

I think our little cat fight is over, and we've moved on. Ideally I should have locked those threads long ago but I wanted the dissenters to say their peace. They are locked now, and for what it is worth I think it is all good. Frankly many of us in COTTORA are too focused on putting on our Wheelers For The Wounded Event to let some butt hurt feelings get in the way.

Besides since we don't have an active Norcal Chapter anymore we needed to provide a little drama for all of TTORA to share in :neener:

·
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I remember that... that's how the Degenerates came to be.

I think our little cat fight is over, and we've moved on. Ideally I should have locked those threads long ago but I wanted the dissenters to say their peace. They are locked now, and for what it is worth I think it is all good. Frankly many of us in COTTORA are too focused on putting on our Wheelers For The Wounded Event to let some butt hurt feelings get in the way.

Besides since we don't have an active Norcal Chapter anymore we needed to provide a little drama for all of TTORA to share in :neener:

sweet! I just wanted to let folks have some history so that they can see where these actions lead! you know...those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it!!

And yup, thats how the Degenerates came to be!!!(even though its officially not official that we even exist!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts