TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My name is Jeff, originally from Grand Junction, I now live in Thornton and work in Boulder, and I just got my first Toyota truck a few weeks ago. I totally love it!

TC found me in the yotatech forums and invited me here. I'm really interested in the local trail runs and tech get-togethers. I'd love to learn to weld and eventually make my own bumpers/armor (did I see a welding party thread? drool...) And of course, I can use all the driving lessons I can get. =D

My truck is bone stock, and naturally I have some plans for it, but I'm still very happy with it. You can read here about my first experience at Lefthand Canyon.

Looks like a great group of people here.

Cheers!
-Jeff

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hello Jeff, Welcome to the area. This is a great group of people, you are lucky to have found. I've only been around for a short while myself, I've attended a HOW (south) and gone on a couple runs with a few of the guys from here. There are several runs planned for the rest of the summer, and i've been planning spur of the moment runs lately, and plan on many more. You are more than welcome to come along on any of them. I'm actually trying to get something together for this saturday, depending on the interest level. Once again, welcome and very nice looking truck by the way!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hi-ya Jeff. I live with TC. Welcome. Anytime you have questions Post up here or PM any of us! We'd LOVE to have you on Trail runs or at the H.O.W. any time!!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear you got the truck and took it off road so quick. I look forward to wheelin with you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
welcome

·
7,735 Posts
I'm really interested in the local trail runs and tech get-togethers. I'd love to learn to weld and eventually make my own bumpers/armor (did I see a welding party thread? drool...)
We have a good number of get togethers. That welding party was more of a "I need to work on my truck and I can't in my apartment complex" party. I'm learning to weld as well, and what ends up happening is some of us get together to BS, change oil, etc and some welding happens. Lots of good folks in this club who know how to weld and aren't shy about showing you a thing or two and/or answering questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Being's that merely buying the truck almost got me in spousal hot water :p it may be a while before I can go wheelin' again. But surely I can justify the free learning experience of helping with/watching any differential or suspension work. :D

I'll keep my eye on the forums for these events.

One quick question - where are the closest trails in the Boulder/Golden/Littleton area? I only know of Lefthand Canyon.

Thanks!
-Jeff

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Welcome!

I work in boulder too. Anytime you want to catch a beer or anything, hit me up.

Lots of trails less wild than carnage/LH. We can also hit some of those up too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of trails less wild than carnage/LH.
Well, I enjoyed mild/moderate rocks and hills in the first 100 yards of it. But the easy trail on the left (basically a rolling dirt road) was pretty boring. I'd prefer something in between, I think.

But I didn't have time to explore the other trails up there - I got to 5-points on the easy path and had to turn around. The map showed there are quite a few trails of different difficulty levels. I'll try to scan and upload the map sometime.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
There's Bunce School Rd, Middle St Vrain, and Coney Flats not too far. They're a LOT more fun that the Lefthand Canyon trail (ie - not Carnage).

Check out www.4x4trails.net or www.traildamage.com for trail location and info.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Super clean truck, man!

I'm constantly in Thornton (every evening from 8-midnight usually) so if you ever see a bobbed single cab tacoma running around, or a really loud orange honda just honk and wave or something!

Welcome to the board, great group of people here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
www.traildamage.com for trail location and info.
Awesome site, thanks!

Super clean truck, man!

I'm constantly in Thornton (every evening from 8-midnight usually) so if you ever see a bobbed single cab tacoma running around, or a really loud orange honda just honk and wave or something!

Welcome to the board, great group of people here!
:) I'll keep an eye out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts