TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My name is Aaron and I live in Buffalo, WY. I have an '03 Taco TRD extended cab which I have just started to modify (new suspension all the way around from NWOR, K&N cold air intake and 265-75 R16 Cooper Discoverer STC's on stock rims). Unfortunately, we had a helluva blizzard here this last weekend and I was out wheelin and my driver side door blew off. Insurance doesn't look so bad after $2300 in damages. I'm looking strongly at the FJ's now cuz I have a 5 month old daughter and no way to get her offroad (safely and legally). I will probably be posting some questions to FJ owners out there in the new future and I'm really excited to be a member of TTORA.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome to TTORA. My dad lives up in Lusk. I am going up there for a family reunion in May. Hope the weather is nice when I come that direction.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. Was in Medicine Bowl last fall Antelope hunting with father and his buddy. Kind of flat land? Mud is BAD and slicker than sh!t. Ended up with 2 bucks and 2 does. Great veninson and jerky.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome! Typically, the Wyoming guys have been kinda part of the CO chapter. Be sure to introduce yourself on the CO forum - we're getting quite a few members up that way!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
is this a freeking joke!?!?!?!?! Your door BLEW off?

DAMN i'm happy i live in the south!

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Remember to use the search button and check out the Newbie Tech thread to find most of your answers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings and welcome. I have an FJ and love it so far. Anyway, responding to new members is a good way to get rid of my green appearance. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All, thank you for the warm welcome.

Muddintaco 2131,
I wish it was a joke. It didn't come completely unhinged but it snapped the door check, left a 2.5" tear in the hinge end of the inside of the door and bent the front of the door, the hinges and the front fender when the door and the fender went cheek to cheek. It just as well have come all the way off cuz I couldn't close it to save my life. Had to drive 5 miles back home with the snow blowing in.
Picture the guy who opens his car door just as another car is coming along on a city street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts