TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Lauren! I'm currently stuck living in Utah with my dad due to the military. Nice being closer to Moab but everything else is lame. I've lived in Colorado Springs most of my life and we'll be moving back this June.

My dad and I have been wheeling for many years. We had a small group of Toyota's that we hung out with (group leader was named T-Bone, had a red 4Runner and was a twin. Not sure if any of you knew/know him.) Some of you might have seen us before in our 85 gold 4Runner. Used to go everywhere in that thing, sadly its been sold. Our new crawler (also my college truck) is a 98 Tacoma that we bought about a week ago. We just got the suspension and lift delivered today. We go to the Easter Jeep every year so we are trying to put it together real fast to bring it. Last year was awful because we had no rig. Hells Revenge just isnt as fun on an ATV.

I've been a passenger most of my rock crawling life and now I want to get serious into driving. I can't wait to get started.

I believe we are going to Moab on the 8th of April.

Happy to be a part of CoTTORA and hope to see some of you on the trails!

taco1.jpg

BothCars010.jpg

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Welcome! CoTTORA is da bomb as far as state clubs go! Where in Utah do you currently live?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lauren, hey! You joined.... and holy crap....I forgot to return your email! Sorry! And you got a truck. That's awesome. It looks very familar..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Molly- Currently living in Kaysville/Farmington which is just above Salt Lake City.

Lauren, hey! You joined.... and holy crap....I forgot to return your email! Sorry! And you got a truck. That's awesome. It looks very familar..
I thought you died or something! Or figured you thought I was some creepy stalker. :lmao:

I was looking through the member list at all the pictures and I stopped at one and said to my dad "Hey, this one looks just like ours...sweet!" I didn't realise till later it was yours. Ironic.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Oh I feel terrible for not returning your email. Yeah, I've been really busy lately with my knee surgery. I've been studying like crazy to catch back up in school. I remember seeing your email right before I went out the door one day, and planned to reply when I got back home. And then I guess I just forgot about it. Uggh...so sorry...

Well you'll have to wheel with us this summer. Does that Tacoma technically belong to your dad or you? Because I remember you saying that you both wanted one. Doing any campus or CO visits anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of our names are on the title but technically it's mine. I'm the one going to be driving it for the next four years.

He wants something a little older that he can fix up. I think though that after the four or so years of college, when I graduate I'll get myself something nice like a brand new Tacoma and turn this one into a full fledge crawler.

I don't have any CO or campus visits planned at the moment. Other than having to go back to take those college placement tests or whatever they are sometime in the future. I remember reading that somewhere but not sure when that is.

How have you been doing?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Tell ya what, I'm going to send you a private message, so we don't clutter up you're welcome thread here. Lol I check this site way more often than my email, so this is a good place to stay in touch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome- I am new here too, but it looks like a good place to be!

Nice Tacoma!

P

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome to COttora. Look forward to seeing you on the trail sometime!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Welcome. Saw your YouTube vid.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome. I think I remember your 85. Too bad you sold it, but nice Taco :)
We came to the conclusion that it was just too pretty to beat up. :lmao: Not to mention a few fincancial issues. I do miss it but I'm sure the person we sold it too is out wheeling it. We made sure we sold it to somebody who would use it to its potential.

Thanks for the awesome welcome everyone!

Ah yes my youtube vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfRdOKKlMk I'm doing a really lame video blog of building up the taco. Still need to edit and upload more stuff which I should get to soon.

An update though on the Taco...we managed to finish the back end yesterday night (new leafs and shocks) and it looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts