TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to fix my exhaust leak today. Turns out ware the manifold and the down pipe meet one of the studs is striped and it just spins. Does any one have a easy way to fix it? Only thing I can think to do is weld the stud from the top so it wont spin. I cant afford to get a new manifold this one cost me $700 last year to have replaced. My problem is I cant get new tags till I get this fixed and I cant drive it that much longer im getting exhaust in the cab right now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can you take it apart and temporarily use some liquid copper gasket to get it to pass?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This leak is bad. Its backfiring out the joint when I let off the gas. I don’t think a sealer will do it. Im thinking I have 2 options get a header for $350 or get a shop to pull the manifold and fix it I have no idea what that’s going to cost. When I got the manifold installed it was some ware around 2 or 300 for the labor.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
weld the top of the stud..... then bolt accordingly. just make sure youre using a decent welder and to clean off all that exhaust coating crap before you do....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tacotoy said:
weld the top of the stud..... then bolt accordingly. just make sure youre using a decent welder and to clean off all that exhaust coating crap before you do....

I dont have a welder so i would have to have a shop do it.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
if you could make it up here i could weld it up no problem for you.... ive got all the tools n stuff to do it in my garage

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
northglenn... im open most nights to do stuff if you want to make the drive down...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I would be up for that. You’re a life saver. Im not from the area so were is that? Im guessing down near Denver. I have all the gaskets as long as we don’t have to take the manifold off. O yea and what kind of beer do you like?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I need to get rid of my cracked original manifold, which can be used for parts if you want it. If you need it, its yours. I'll be available Friday night. PM me for info. I also have a new exhaust gasket that came with my pacesetter if you need to take the manifold off. I bought and used a Toyota OEM gasket for use with my header instead.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
pick up that cracked manifold.... just in case since i haven't looked at all the bends of exhaust stuff in a while. northglenn is the north end of denver.... exit 223 or so off 25 is the closest exit off 25... just to give you an idea for where im at. as for beer you can just buy me one sometime after a run or something

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got home and got the stuff out. I have all the studs on the manifold exc. one of the heat shield studs. EGR and Exhaust studs all intact. This manifold passed inspection when I picked up the truck last year. I removed it after about two months and replaced it with the header.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts