TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a Car, 97 Taco 4x4 2.7,

How easy is it to do 98 front conversion? What parts i need? I was told by Toyota Dealer that 97 have different core/radiator support from 98 and that the lights and grill will not fit... IS IT TRUE?

EDIT I guess. they are different. mmkey. now What parts whould i need? Lights, (any mounting cups?) Grill (i can get billet aftermarket) Bumper. Will 97 fenders work with 98 lights? Am i missing anything? EDIT

looking for best deal and place for parts... Thinking about just getting all the part through bodyshop from Taiwan (cheap) but first want to check if anyone have anything the need to sell.

I need. bumper, grill, left fender, left fender blinker, Radiator and anything you see from the pic that i might need.

my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Since your drivers side fender appears pretty well tweaked, your hood is damaged, and you already need a new core support, I'd call junk yards and check the pricing on a complete dog house (both fenders, core support, grill, lights, bumper, and hood - basically the whole front structure from the doors forward).

Might be cheaper in the end, and you won't have to worry about whether or not things will fit. If it were mine, I'd check on the 01-04 style since you're doing it anyway. New tail lights and it'll look like a brand new truck. :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I would just go to a 01-04 coversion. I think that if you are switching everything over you might as well make it look like the latest model (besides 05 of coarse). The for the rear just get 01-04 tail lights

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hope that body shop can keep my original core support... It will me soooo much cheaper. cause i have to pay out of my own pocket.

·
Registered
264 Posts
R6wrxdude said:
I just hope that body shop can keep my original core support... It will me soooo much cheaper. cause i have to pay out of my own pocket.
You need a new core support to swap to the 98-00 grille/headlights.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
98-00 rock!

Actually theres this dude with a green 97 single 4x taco biult for the dezert. Looks really goot, I thought it was a 98-00 from lookin at his avatar but he managed to shuv some 98-00 headlights in with some 01-04 blinkers...haha weird. :) White fiber front fenders and bedsides look really good with the taco green.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a word from body shop. they will need to replace Core Support. I will go With 98-00 End. cause i can keep fenders and it ALOT cheaper than 02 front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts