TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to adjust the height of the driver side and the collar is siezed. Yes I jacked up the truck, yes I loosened the set screw, and yes I tried peneratring lube. In the process of tryng to turn it, I also broke the spanner wrench. I cut off the flat end of a screw driver and tried using that but the screw driver is now bent.

However the passeger coil over moves pretty easily.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Get another spanner wrench and then use something on it that will give you some leverage, like a piece of pipe.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SilverStreak05 said:
Get another spanner wrench and then use something on it that will give you some leverage, like a piece of pipe.

since I broke the spanner wrench using only my hands, wouldn't the wrench break even easier with using a pipe?

·
Banned
966 Posts
with it jacked up is the uniball cup hitting the spring? if so it sometimes makes it hard to turn the nut because the spring wants to also turn. i only ask because this was the issue with my we co's.

any pics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
EMPIRE
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing