TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempted to change my fuel filter this morning ('03 V6) but couldn't figure out how to slide the old filter out of position. The inlet and outlet lines are rigid and don't allow any room to slide the filter off in either direction. I couldn't just bring it straight down either for the same reasons. I didn't want to break or bend a fuel line so I just left the old filter on. This is pretty frustrating because I thought it would take me about 5 minutes to do this job. What am I missing here?? Thanks for any help guys.

Craig

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ran into the same problem changing mine a couple weeks ago. The lines are very rigid and are stuck inside the filter on both ends a little ways. I just kept playing with it while getting more and more frustrated and finally got one end of the line out of the filter and then I was home free. I may have actually bent the fuel line a little but not enough to hurt it. It just took some patience, you can get filter off, I don't think a little force (you won't have to bend the line nearly enough to cause a kink) will hurt it, it didn't with mine.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
camaddy said:
Attempted to change my fuel filter this morning ('03 V6) but couldn't figure out how to slide the old filter out of position. The inlet and outlet lines are rigid and don't allow any room to slide the filter off in either direction. I couldn't just bring it straight down either for the same reasons. I didn't want to break or bend a fuel line so I just left the old filter on. This is pretty frustrating because I thought it would take me about 5 minutes to do this job. What am I missing here?? Thanks for any help guys.
Craig
unbolt the bracket(s) upstream and/or downstream of the filter-
That will give you more room to move the hard line.

- just follow the hardline from the filter until you come to the first bracket

·
Registered
476 Posts
How often should you replace the fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Poopshute said:
How often should you replace the fuel filter?
I dont go over 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
When I changed a fuel filter on my 99 civic (No rice here..all stock) I released the pressure on the tank by opening the gas cap... other than that, the first time starting the car after the fuel filter change was a little rough, but once the fuel got flowing all was good... I noticed a big difference in acceleration.. must have needed a new filter at 60k miles.... :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts