TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am doing a persuasive speech... of course my topic is "Tacoma is the best truck made".

So now I need some facts to back that up.
What years did the Tacoma win the Motor Trend Truck of the Year?
I know 2005, thats the latest.
Also what about other Magazines or good sources.

also if you can... post a link to the site... I need some sources...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am a Speech Comm. major, some helpful hints for you although not Taco related would be:

Say you have three points as to why its the best set it up with the weakest arguement in the middle, the strongest last and the medium one first. People will remember what you say first and last not the middle.

Make sure you have crediablity with the audience, logic in the speech(deductive, inductive, etc). Forgot the other... look up Logos, Pathos, and Ethos.

Memorize most of what you are going to say so you can make good eye contact WITH EVERYONE, not just the teacher/prof.

Don't fidgit and don't scratch, if you mess up jsut stop and take a deep breath, it makes less of a scene.

I can come up with some more if you need it.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
wvuviv30 said:
I am doing a persuasive speech... of course my topic is "Tacoma is the best truck made".

So now I need some facts to back that up.
What years did the Tacoma win the Motor Trend Truck of the Year?
I know 2005, thats the latest.
Also what about other Magazines or good sources.

also if you can... post a link to the site... I need some sources...
The wide range of uses- soccer moms to hardcore wheelers choose them.

Lots of aftermarket parts- and lots of people who have been there, done that (experience)

·
Registered
48 Posts
How long does the speech need to be? 6-8 minutes? Unless it is an extremely long speech I'm sure you would have no trouble just focusing on the new 2005 Tacoma. This board has a lot of information, go to the Toyota site, Motor Trend, Four Wheeler, etc. Just do some research, there's tons of info. out there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Although I may be wrong, you may want to research for yourself whether these points may be true:

Best gas mileage in it's class (try edmunds or cars.com)

customer satisfaction

Quality (try here , not tacoma specific)

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
the weakest can be the stealership service which i agree on, as the result, could be how we all take pride and care on our trucks on this forum, those are a couple examplesu could throw in

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey, i got a fact....... These are the best trucks ever made..... how about that?? i think most on this site would agree. lol. seriously though, i have read hear recently that toyota sale are increasing a lot, i think they are almost the most sold automobile, over chevy and ford. be sure to talk about the life of their engines. they are weak, but damn, they will out last the k&n filter warranty (1 million miles), well, almost.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
tanKoma said:
the weakest can be the stealership service which i agree on, as the result, could be how we all take pride and care on our trucks on this forum, those are a couple examplesu could throw in
Im debating that with difficulty making out in the back of an Xcab for the weakest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts