1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help....
Not sure if this goes here but...

ok i have a 2000 Taco 4X4 Supercharged
with a ACT 6 puck clutch and when i let out the the cluth it makes a horrible screeching noise.

What are the possbilities that it could be?
I was told that racing/6 puck clutches do that...is this true?

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Need Help....

with a ACT 6 puck clutch and when i let out the the cluth it makes a horrible screeching noise.

Thanks
If your tires are smoking, let the clutch out slower! :lmao:

BUMP

·
Registered
721 Posts
Need Help....

Thanks

Unfortunatly it is a sound that most six pucks make. We have done a bunch of them on front wheel drive cars, and the sound is the same.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Are you sure?
This is a really really loud squealing sound.
Well - Carlos is a mechanic since he was a teenager...so yeah, I pretty sure he's sure! :D

Worse case, take it down to there place (ToyBoxAuto) and have them (Carlos and/or Jake) take a look at it. They'll get it figured out and fixed for you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
need on last thing...

what clutches are you ppl who are supercharged V6's using?
I need to find one by this weekend.

Please tell me the brand and the specs.
Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Are you sure?
This is a really really loud squealing sound.
After talking to you a little more on the phone it sounds like you have other issues going on. You should swing it by so I can hear it and have a better idea of what it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After talking to you a little more on the phone it sounds like you have other issues going on. You should swing it by so I can hear it and have a better idea of what it is.

such as what?
I am unfortunately located in Tucson now....any advice would be helpful

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
such as what?
Like carlos said it is almost normal if your using a six puk.I have one on my civic hb and it does it all the time. I dont know if your using a high performance flywheel but that would help out.

·
Registered
721 Posts
such as what?
Does it only make the noise when you are letting the pedal out? Does it make the noise with the pedal in? Will the noise go away if you put light pressure on it? Will it make noise with the pedal out, not in gear and with some rpm?
Let me know and I can maybe give you a better idea of whats happening.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does it only make the noise when you are letting the pedal out? Does it make the noise with the pedal in? Will the noise go away if you put light pressure on it? Will it make noise with the pedal out, not in gear and with some rpm?
Let me know and I can maybe give you a better idea of whats happening.
It ONLY makes the noise when you let the clutch out....and its a really loud squealing and almost everyone I talk to says its because of the 6 puck but i hate that noise so I invested in a TRD clutch kit...let me know thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
It ONLY makes the noise when you let the clutch out....and its a really loud squealing and almost everyone I talk to says its because of the 6 puck but i hate that noise so I invested in a TRD clutch kit...let me know thanks
Sounds like normal, annoying, six puck noise then. Your TRD clutch won't make any of the annoying sounds and will still work well for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like normal, annoying, six puck noise then. Your TRD clutch won't make any of the annoying sounds and will still work well for you.
Thanks for all the help I should be getting my TRD clutch kit tmorrow and it should be in by the end of the weekend. Thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts