TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I decided to install my deckplate, and the grey mire mod as well...
I waited about 14 hours for the Intake box to dry and re-installed. I turned on my truck and the Check Engine light came on. Any ideas on how to turn it off? without taking it to the dealer?

As far as the grey mire mod, I went to use the locker and the light just kept blinking, it never engaged. And now I DONT HAVE 4WD. I dont know what the hell I did, but if anyone could give me some guidance I would appreciate it. 4wd Wont engage, as wel as the locker, and the check engine light...

Thanks, Derek

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
For the CEL error... pull the ECU fuse from your fuse block by yer left knee, that should reset the error... You also might wanna give yer MAF sensor a good cleaning as well.

For your GreyWireMod... did you cut/splice and ground the correct cable? 5spd, or auto? and the locker light will blink til it is engaged, roll it back and forth in yer driveway til you hear the click... sometimes it takes it a little bit of a longer stretch to get it to engage.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the CEL error... pull the ECU fuse from your fuse block by yer left knee, that should reset the error... You also might wanna give yer MAF sensor a good cleaning as well.

For your GreyWireMod... did you cut/splice and ground the correct cable? 5spd, or auto? and the locker light will blink til it is engaged, roll it back and forth in yer driveway til you hear the click... sometimes it takes it a little bit of a longer stretch to get it to engage.
Thanks for your help. I took it on some dirt and rolled it back and forth and the locker eventually engaged, and I HAVE 4WD back!

As far as the deckplate, should I replace the fuse or just take it out completely. I found that working on your truck at 6 in the morning doesnt really pay off. I forgot to install the air filter which caused the check engine:jawdrop::mad:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it the ECU-1g or ECU-B..

1g- No success

Thanks for the help,
Derek

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
sorry.. it's ECU B fuse, and you should just remove it for a about a min. or less, and replace it with the same, unless it has blown. and you should be good to go :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
you can also disconnect the battery for about 10-15 mins. and that should do the trick as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You should also be able to go down to your local auto parts store and they can reset it with there scanner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you have an autozone they scan it for free but may try to sell you a gas cap or something.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LMAO!! Isnt that the truth. They will try and sell you anything.

·
Registered
529 Posts
when i did my deck plate it did the same thing. i just unplugged the battery for a little while, then when i hooked it back up and went for a drive it went off by it self.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

sorry.. it's ECU B fuse, and you should just remove it for a about a min. or less, and replace it with the same, unless it has blown. and you should be good to go :D
I cleanded the MAF sensor and removed ECU-B fuse and still no sign of it turning off. I just disconnected the battery so Ill wait a couple minutes and try starting it again...Last case scenario Kragen will turn off your CEL for free????

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cleanded the MAF sensor and removed ECU-B fuse and still no sign of it turning off. I just disconnected the battery so Ill wait a couple minutes and try starting it again...Last case scenario Kragen will turn off your CEL for free????
you should getit scanned just incase it's something else, i'm not sure what you could of done to set a code?

maybe left something unpluged?

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
if you get it reset and the light comes back on, i would get it scanned. Mines been doing that but i think its cause i have a leak in one of my exhaust header joints.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Just plug the deckplate. It's a garbage mod...

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
A leak in the exhaust system ahead of the O2 sensor will throw the O2 sensor off causing the ECU to mismanage the engine. I'd get that fixed right away if I were you.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You can do that but it won't last.
Even the shit that is supposed to be made just for repairing exhausts won't last. Especially true on a header because it runs a lot hotter than a muffler does and the shit won't even stay put on a muffler. Ask me how I know. LOL

Edit: Oh I forgot to add, the max heat rating on JB Weld is 400 F even less for the quick set stuff.
You can use JB on a block or an intake or even way down steam on an exhaust but it won't do for an exhaust manifold or header. If it's cracked or something, ya gotta weld it (TIG suggested) or replace it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
They will let you use the tool for free, but they will charge you if you want them to do it.
I figured it out early today just forgot to post.

I unplugged the battery for about 10-15 minutes and now the light is off and is staying off.

Overall im pretty happy with the deckplate it makes a nice sound when I hit the skinny pedal...but I know that Norcalvp has been doing some research on this subject, and it seems the deckplate mod isnt what it is hopped up to be But I like it.:D

Thanks for everyones help

Derek

1 - 20 of 41 Posts