TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help!!! How screwed am I? UPDATE

Ok, I ordered a pair of Fabtech AAL from summit on Sunday. Today they got here and everything is fine only that in the box there is only one AAL with hardware for two. So I call up summit assuming its shipping in another box so I ask for a shipping # or when one might be avalible. Well turns out it shipped with two in the box, they called Fabtech and thats the only way they sell through summit. So summit is placing a claim with UPS saying one was lost on the way. Summit is now outa stock of them and it will be a week before anymore come in. Summit says call back in a week that the UPS thing should be done with and that since they should have them in stock that I should be able to get a shipping # for a new one. They didn't say anythin about paying for it or shipping so I am guessing it is free. Also the box looked fine, although after I hung up i did notice that where it had copper staples in it that the were holes next to the ends as it it could have had larger ones before and someone opened it and sealed it with smaller staples.


You guys think I will get the run around or that summit is going to handle it fine? This is only the second time I have ordered from them and the first time I have EVER had a problem with getting truck or car parts mailed.



UPDATE

So I got the box from NV today about a month after ordering them. They don't have a tracking #. Should I risk being charged for them by keeping them or pay to ship them back?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
162 Posts
GreenTaco4x4 said:
Ok, I ordered a pair of Fabtech AAL from summit on Sunday. Today they got here and everything is fine only that in the box there is only one AAL with hardware for two. So I call up summit assuming its shipping in another box so I ask for a shipping # or when one might be avalible. Well turns out it shipped with two in the box, they called Fabtech and thats the only way they sell through summit. So summit is placing a claim with UPS saying one was lost on the way. Summit is now outa stock of them and it will be a week before anymore come in. Summit says call back in a week that the UPS thing should be done with and that since they should have them in stock that I should be able to get a shipping # for a new one. They didn't say anythin about paying for it or shipping so I am guessing it is free. Also the box looked fine, although after I hung up i did notice that where it had copper staples in it that the were holes next to the ends as it it could have had larger ones before and someone opened it and sealed it with smaller staples.


You guys think I will get the run around or that summit is going to handle it fine? This is only the second time I have ordered from them and the first time I have EVER had a problem with getting truck or car parts mailed.
Before you really hound. Look at the rep. that summit has from others on the board. They seem that they are very professional dealers and usually get things right. Take notes on who and when you talk to anyone and the gist of the conversation. Ask for an aprox delivery time and also have them call you when the aal's are in stock and that they are shipping it to you. If they don't agree to this then raise heck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not quite ready to hound the shit outa them. When I called I was suprised with how the guy knew it was me calling and the extent of that i had two boxs one with shocks the other with AALs and everything also he got right on the phone with Fabtech(he says) I was on hold. So so far it seems good but I just want to make sure it isn't like they do this so you let your guard down. I didn't get a name from this guy but I was on the phone for about 20 minutes. I figure I will call again Friday or Monday, see how it is going with UPS and if the AALs should still be coming in this coming up week.
 

·
"Terry Tate"
Joined
·
3,511 Posts
You will be fine. That is pretty much procedure. My company has to deal with that type thing, also. Summit will most likely file a claim with the shipper and it won't have any affect on you getting your package. Unfortunately, it does happen sometimes. You will be fine, though. Good luck with it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I have been using Summit for over ten years now and have never once had a problem with them. They will make it right. Its not worth it to them to blow you off, they want you to come back and customer service is high on their list. This is obvious where you said that Summit is taking care of the problem with UPS, most places would say your on your own with the shipper.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
GreenTaco4x4 said:
Ok thanks all this is making me feel alot better. Just one other thing, by week do they mean one week or do you thikn it will take more like 3-4 weeks?
I've done tons of business with Summit, they won't screw you. They have awesome customer service.

Later,
....Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
As for the extra holes near the staples in the boxes, that is normal. It is a result of the side clamps on the stapler that close in to fold the staples over inside the box. They haven't been opened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jamier2 said:
As for the extra holes near the staples in the boxes, that is normal. It is a result of the side clamps on the stapler that close in to fold the staples over inside the box. They haven't been opened.

Well this makes me curious. I mean if the thing wasn't opened and re stabled and there is no space for it to really "fall out during shipping" and Fabtech only sells them to summit and summit only has them listed as a pair wtf happened to the other one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

Well I got an email saying that last Friday summit shipped an order to me. I never placed an order, being the weekend I just said I would call monday see what was going on. I check my bank stuff since I pay with a check card and nothing had been charged by Sunday night so I was thinking this is amazing not even a handling fee or anything. I went back to the email got the tracking number and it says that only the biling info had be recieved. So I called them up today sorta bummed b/c I thought everything was fixed but it wasn't. Well the lady I talked to said being in VA I should get it tommorrow since it was 3 business day(I trust her b/c thats how ong it has taken for everything elese I have ordered from them, always 3 days). She explains that it being the weekend and all that UPS only sometimes scans the packages. Not so sure about this but she assured me it will be here tommorrow.


BTW, part numbers are the same so I know the order should be right. It does weight in at 1 pound heavier than the last box that the AAL came in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
If you need a Fabtech set in a rush I think both Larry and I currently have Fabtech's in stock...I know I have a set here at the WV location. Drop me a line at CornfedWV on AOL IM or at 304-358-2983

Later,
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well here it is the 24 and my order was supposedly left on the 14 isn't here. BTW I have no tracking number so I have been having this funny feeling it "fell off the truck". So I call summit, the 4th time to check on this order, this SOB tries to tell me it takes 8-10 days to get to VA from Neveda. So I let him know on my invoice it says 5-6 days which today is day 6, UPS website says 6 days from their zip to mine, UPS come and gone it aint here so it is late. So this is now 12 days on something that was suppose to take 2 days, not to mention the first order they messed up now UPS is fucking up. The guy says I can order a new one free of charge since it is late and Ohio now has them. Some how Ohio can get parts in the blizzard but VA can't. So I place the order for a set from Ohio should be here thursday. The guy was hounding me trying not to do it b/c he said they will show up tommorrow(like he cares, he isn't the one that won't have parts tommorrow).


In the off chance I get two sets now you think they will charge me for them if I don't return one set?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I think you're getting a little excited here. If the replacement part is on the way, summit has done their job. They shipped me 2 sets of rear flares for my 98 once, and took care of it no problem. Keep in mind, pretty much anything being shipped in the upper half of the eastern united states is pretty much screwed up by the snowstorm that just rolled through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BMWTACO said:
I think you're getting a little excited here. If the replacement part is on the way, summit has done their job. They shipped me 2 sets of rear flares for my 98 once, and took care of it no problem. Keep in mind, pretty much anything being shipped in the upper half of the eastern united states is pretty much screwed up by the snowstorm that just rolled through.
But thats just it how do I know it is shipped? The tracking number doesn't work, its late, and summit knows only what I know about it which is next to nothing. If parts can ship form CA to Ohio in that storm why can' parts from NV make it to VA? It also drives me up a wall when someone says "yeah 5 days it will be there" then on the 5th day I call and its "yeah it takes 5 days to get there" then on the 6th day its "yeah it takes 7 days to get there" then on the 7th day its "yeah it takes 8 days to get there". Which one is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Sorry, it just makes me chuckle a bit. I actually work for a company similiar to summit, except we only deal in BMW's. One piece of important advice I would give is this. Always talk to the same person. If you call in and just talk to anyone, you never know what kind of answer you will get, especially if it wasn't that particular person's sale. Don't get me wrong, I would be hounding them too, and if they have given a bogus tracking number, I would certainly be asking for a supervisor. But did they actually charge you for the second set? If not, they will likely need a return tracking number on the first package before they will release the second package. This is pretty common mail order parts stuff, nobody gives away free product unless it's so cheap it isn't worth the return shipping.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top