TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2002 Double Cab today and traded in my 1998 Extracab. I had 285/75R-16s on the 1998 with an OME lift. Could I drive on the streets (no wheeling) with the 285s until I get a lift later this week? I plan on beating down the pinch weld as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
473 Posts
damn

I'm pretty sure my buddies Nitto's are that size, and he rubs with coilovers, so it's iffy. You can probably do it, but it's gonna scrape pretty bad, especially the frame. Good luck with it.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
285/75r16 is about the same size as a 33" tire on 15" wheels so it'll definitly rub at stock height. Just run with the tires it came with until you get it lifted.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses!. I went ahead and moved the tires over. I wasn't allowed to keep both sets as part of the deal. The new truck had running boards so I had them taken off since the tire was really rubbing there. On the street, I only rub where the pinch weld is.

Long term, I'm going to install a lift. Short term, I'll make do.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I bought a 2002 Double Cab today and traded in my 1998 Extracab. I had 285/75R-16s on the 1998 with an OME lift. Could I drive on the streets (no wheeling) with the 285s until I get a lift later this week? I plan on beating down the pinch weld as soon as I get home.
damn man i coulda tossed u some cash if you woulda swapped me front/rear diffs quick gear upgrade for me LOL.. u coulda traded ur truck in with the 4.10s i got and your rear lockrite.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was lazy and I just stumbled on this truck. Very much a spur of the moment decision. Good one I think, but spur of the moment.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lift bought

Wanted to give you guys an update. The tires rubbed like mad as I suspected. I cut the plastic out and beat down the pinch weld and I can turn without rubbing as long as I don't compess the suspension too much. Today I placed an order for the AllPro lift that is available for the older Tacos. Got the coilovers, 5150 Bilstein, rear leafs....everything except the control arms.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
i would like to help you install the lift to check out AllPro's components.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem

i would like to help you install the lift to check out AllPro's components.
I could always use some help. My last lift I did in Michigan with it 20 degress outside.

Supposedly, the parts are due in at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. How does next week look?

I just got my bumper and hitch put on. The truck looks better already!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts