TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 22rte and the timing chain tentioner snaped. I got most of the parts out of the way the only thing left is the water pump and the chain cover will come off. Every shop I talked to said it would cost $750-$1100 to fix. Does anyone know a descent shop in west mesa that wont charge me an arm and a leg(maybee just a leg) or does anyone have time time to come fix it (will pay cash). I just need it goin it's my dd. Thanks

·
20,355 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you can get it to Phoenix, PM me and I can give you the name of someone. But like was posted earlier, you have really done all of the hard work, just take off the water pump and the top bolt and you have got it done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
thehopping1 said:
I have an 86 22rte and the timing chain tentioner snaped. I got most of the parts out of the way the only thing left is the water pump and the chain cover will come off. Every shop I talked to said it would cost $750-$1100 to fix. Does anyone know a descent shop in west mesa that wont charge me an arm and a leg(maybee just a leg) or does anyone have time time to come fix it (will pay cash). I just need it goin it's my dd. Thanks
my boy that works day shift has his own business on the side as a mechanic.
he built a REAL garage out behind his house and does awesome work! i'm sure he could hook you up at a fraction of what some of the mechanics are quoting you. he's rebuilt alot of 22R's, RE's, and RTE's. i live in Goodyear but my bud llives in Surprise. it's about 35-40 min from you. let me know and i'll give you his #. i'm anal as hell about work and when it comes to engines this guy is X10 worse than me. he's a perfectionist!! i'd recomend him to anyone! just trying to help. :2cents: :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts