TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the middle (well, close to the end...) of replacing my CV boots, and I can't figure out how to get the large clamp on the inner boot to tighten. My crimp pliers won't fit on the clamp like it would on the other three. How do i tighten this clamp? BTW, it's a factory boot kit. Thanks for the help!
Brock

PS- It seems to be a ratchet type clamp...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bnorm said:
I'm in the middle (well, close to the end...) of replacing my CV boots, and I can't figure out how to get the large clamp on the inner boot to tighten. My crimp pliers won't fit on the clamp like it would on the other three. How do i tighten this clamp? BTW, it's a factory boot kit. Thanks for the help!
Brock

PS- It seems to be a ratchet type clamp...
I had the same problem because they give you a different type of clamp for the inner-most clamp. I ended up going to Napa and getting a different type of clamp, and the tool to tighten it. It seemed to work much better than trying to use the clamp they provide.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4TACXOMA4 said:
I had the same problem because they give you a different type of clamp for the inner-most clamp. I ended up going to Napa and getting a different type of clamp, and the tool to tighten it. It seemed to work much better than trying to use the clamp they provide.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Brock

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
BNORM_
If you are in a bind- use a zip tie of equivalent width

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I just used large hose clamps, held up so far for about 10k.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deathwishbkr said:
What kind of cv boot clamp pliers do you guys use, the eared or non-ear ones.
I used the eared one for the innermost inner boot clamp, and the crimp one for the outer boot, and one clamp on the inner boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts