TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed a new squeek today. Apparently something in the rear of my truck squeeks when I accelerate. The squeek happens with speed (gets quicker as I accelerate). It also stops when I clutch to shift. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does it happen only at higher speeds, or does it happen starting off too. My carrier bearing makes an annoying squeel at higher speeds (60MPH+), non existant at lower. Don't know if you are getting the same problem

·
Registered
670 Posts
Its your Muffler Bearings, or possibly your Tail Light Oil, hahaha. But seriously I dont know. my damn Clutch Bushing Squeaks and thats bad enough

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
avc8130 said:
I have just noticed a new squeek today. Apparently something in the rear of my truck squeeks when I accelerate. The squeek happens with speed (gets quicker as I accelerate). It also stops when I clutch to shift. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Anthony

Have you greased your u-joints lately? Sounds like that's what it is....

--Scott

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a noise similar to this too. I thought it was my rear diff. or the carrier. Comr to find out it was a clamp around my exhaust near the manifold. It would slide down the pipe and rub near the converter. I cut that s..t off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
avc8130 said:
Thanks,
Anthony
I just got a new squeek from the rear of my 99 TRD that matches that description. It only happens when there's forward torque (accelerating forward or deccelerating in reverse) and happens right from a standstill. It is speed related but sounds faster than the wheel speed so I guessed it was the drive shaft, but greasing the u-joints didn't fix it. My next guess would be the carrier but I'd rather not get into that. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I think it's in your head. Your post is misplaced.
LOL :lmao:

I bet its your carrier bearing. Try going down a steep hill in first and let the motor slow down the engine. If it still does it or is worse, thats what it is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
mwetz said:
My next guess would be the carrier but I'd rather not get into that. Any ideas? Thanks.
Not very complex at all, expensive yes!

Try unbolting the carrier(2bolts),make sure u are holding the driveshaft or it will fall down and the slip yoke will come out.

Spin the carrier around a few times with your hand. Squirt some oil or grease up in there. Spin some more. Try to get mud and dirt out of it. Then reinstall it.

This is just a cheap cover up, but it shut mine up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts