TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ripped 2 wires out of the transfercase harness in the picture during the removal of my transmission. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to fix it just yet. I also don't know which wire goes where...

Does anyone know;
-which side the white wire goes?
-which side the red wires goes?

I can't match them to the other end of the harness because they used black wires....

99' Tacoma 3.4 w\auto

Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I think I may've stretched all of the wires in the main harness. I'm not sure if any of them broke and it's hard to tell because there is conduit and tape covering them up. I'm pissed at myself for not seeing what was happening when I was lowering it down. I checked a couple of times to make sure nothing was attached. I don't know how it happened...

How much would a new wiring harness cost???

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
I ripped 2 wires out of the transfercase harness in the picture during the removal of my transmission. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to fix it just yet. I also don't know which wire goes where...

Does anyone know;
-which side the white wire goes?
-which side the red wires goes?

I can't match them to the other end of the harness because they used black wires....

99' Tacoma 3.4 w\auto

Thanks!
I just checked mine...3 wires :rolleyes: so no help.

check this:
http://haroldmiller.net/FSM/2000/Wiring Diagrams/

diagrams will be the same from '98-00

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hytenor.. I will read through those. I'm not too savy with reading electrical diagrams but I have a few buddies that might be able to match up these wires. I can't believe that I can't find any 98-00' Tacoma's with a 3.4 and auto in my area..... All of them are 01's and up and the connectors are different..

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
Thanks Hytenor.. I will read through those. I'm not too savy with reading electrical diagrams but I have a few buddies that might be able to match up these wires. I can't believe that I can't find any 98-00' Tacoma's with a 3.4 and auto in my area..... All of them are 01's and up and the connectors are different..
stupid me....looked at the wrong plug last night :rolleyes:

here ya go:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

You are the man! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Thanks again for helping me out.

Justin

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks I'm going to have to cut the connector, splice, and hard wire. I just took apart the connector that I ripped the wires off and the metal wire connectors inside have already been crimped. There is no way I can uncrimp and reuse them and I doubt I can find connectors like this.

Any ideas? Should I just hard wire it? I really don't want to buy a complete new wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
You can get new plugs at somewhere like radio shack. Wouldn't want to hard wire it, what would you do when you pull the tranny again?
I did the same exact thing, I got some AMP connectors I'm going to fix mine with, but any generic crimp on plug will work.

--Scott

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fishbone said:
You can get new plugs at somewhere like radio shack. Wouldn't want to hard wire it, what would you do when you pull the tranny again?
I did the same exact thing, I got some AMP connectors I'm going to fix mine with, but any generic crimp on plug will work.

--Scott
Really? You did the exact same thing when removing your trans? I don't feel so bad now... :p Did you break any of the other wires or just those 2 that go to that connector?

BTW, I've checked 2 radio shacks and no luck so far. I will try to avoid hard wiring and find some type of "detachable connector".

The metal connector inside of the "harness connector" looks like this;

http://www.allproducts.com/traffic/hulane/22-harness_connector.html

I don't think that one will work though..

I'm thinking of using something like this;

http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture13/uta/19-power_contact.html

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:
Really? You did the exact same thing when removing your trans? I don't feel so bad now... :p Did you break any of the other wires or just those 2 that go to that connector?

BTW, I've checked 2 radio shacks and no luck so far. I will try to avoid hard wiring and find some type of "detachable connector".

The metal connector inside of the "harness connector" looks like this;

I'm thinking of using something like this;

http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture13/uta/19-power_contact.html
hmm, 50a or 175a? LOL :p

you can find generic plugs like that OE one at most any parts house. I know Napa carries them. Then just solder/connect the wires together and shrink tube. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
KANEMAN23 said:

I'm not sure exactly which plug, but I ripped one out when I pulled my t-case and have yet to fix it. T-case comes out one more time for the triple shifter, so I guess I'll fix it then.
The metal connector you posted the link to is similar to the AMP connectors we use at work, you need a special set of crimpers for those, and the crimpers aren't cheap.

--Scott

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
d33pt said:
How about using computer power supply connectors? just tape it up and silicon the holes to keep water out.
Are you talking about molex connectors? I thought about that because I've got plenty of them.. I think I'm going to check napa and maybe one more radio shack before I try that route.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hytenor said:
hmm, 50a or 175a? LOL :p

you can find generic plugs like that OE one at most any parts house. I know Napa carries them. Then just solder/connect the wires together and shrink tube. ;)
Thanks Chris. I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interex said:
I would just solder the wire right on the connector. No need to uncrimp the old wire.
I may try that. I've got to straighten them out first though. They got mangled a bit when I extracted them from the connector...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts