TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 4X4 supercharged Taco
-5sp

and I just pulled eveyrthing and threw in a new clutch, we then put it all back together and its STUCK in REVERSE!?

Can Anyone help ME please!!!?
Any ides are welcomed....

Thanks
G!FF

·
Registered
741 Posts
not positive, but that would be the first thing i would check.....

what else could it be? that is the only thing that i can think of that would put the truck in reverse,

there isn't anything in the clutch that would cause it to go into reverse....

the transfer case would put it in 4 low and high...

only thing i can think of and that would make sense is the 5sp shifter, if your truck is going in reverse and the stick is not in reverse then i would say the stick is in the wrong position, it would have to be in the reverse position when you put it in, if the transmission is going in reverse....

i hope it makes sence, but that is what i would put my money on.

good luck..

Austin

·
Registered
741 Posts
and when you say it is reverse... do you mean the shifter is in reverse, or the truck is actually in reverse? like the back up lights are on...

Austin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and when you say it is reverse... do you mean the shifter is in reverse, or the truck is actually in reverse? like the back up lights are on...

Austin

to answer both of your questions....both the shifter and turck are in reverse and wont move out of reverse.

·
Registered
881 Posts
to answer both of your questions....both the shifter and turck are in reverse and wont move out of reverse.
If something isn't right in the clutch, it might keep it from disengaging which will make it very difficult to get it out of gear. Make sure you've bled out the hydraulic line completely, and that you can see the release fork move

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If something isn't right in the clutch, it might keep it from disengaging which will make it very difficult to get it out of gear. Make sure you've bled out the hydraulic line completely, and that you can see the release fork move
well the clutch was bled properly and the turck does drive but i only have reverse so the clutch is working and disengaging...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
looks like your back-up skills will improve - :D
sorry I don't know what could cause that.

well the clutch was bled properly and the turck does drive but i only have reverse so the clutch is working and disengaging...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey guys I still have no idea what is goin on....when i put it together everything lined up fine and it was in neutral and now after it is all bolted up and shit...both the truck and shifter are stuck in reverse!

Please help me anyway you can and give suggestions on what to do...thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow! fuckin A I fixed it!!!
so all in all I had to pull both the tranny and transfer case in order to put it together on a bench...and it all fell into place...I'm happy....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:kewl: ya got it fixed but :dunno: what was the problem?

The problem was you cant try to stab the transfer case after the tranny is already connected! For anyone who does a clutch job or has tranny issues...remember that!!! you must put them back together then install em both together! cuz if you dont you will never get that shift finger to slip withing the three forks and be in neutral...hence this is why it was stuck in reverse! thanks everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts