TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 4X4 supercharged Taco
-5sp

and I just pulled eveyrthing and threw in a new clutch, we then put it all back together and its STUCK in REVERSE!?

Can Anyone help ME please!!!?
Any ides are welcomed....

Thanks
G!FF

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
I have a 2000 4X4 supercharged Taco
-5sp

and I just pulled eveyrthing and threw in a new clutch, we then put it all back together and its STUCK in REVERSE!?

Can Anyone help ME please!!!?
Any ides are welcomed....

Thanks
G!FF
Ouch... that sucks.

Have you actually driven it, or is it still just sitting there?

Did you put the shifter in correctly?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch... that sucks.

Have you actually driven it, or is it still just sitting there?

Did you put the shifter in correctly?

ya tell me about it....what a nightmare....and as for driving it, NO it hasn't left the yard in a few days due to replacing the clutch etc...and i assume i put it in correctly unless you know another way.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
When I did the clutch and rebuilt the trans in my 84 truck I found that when reinstalling the trans in the truck, while tipping the front of the trans up slightly, the reverse gear would slide on it's shaft toward the back of the trans. I think I had to take the trans apart twice before figuring this out. Putting the trans into gear during refittment was the solution.

I don't know if this is the case, or is even possible with the Tacoma transmissions, but I'm wondering if someone like Marlin would be able to answer this. Ring them up.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
All I know is that when I put my shifter back in, I had a bitch of a time getting it correct. I had to redo it several times.

It would go in ok, but if you did not get the catch in the correct slot, it would "look" like it was in right from a distance, but the shifter would not move.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All I know is that when I put my shifter back in, I had a bitch of a time getting it correct. I had to redo it several times.

It would go in ok, but if you did not get the catch in the correct slot, it would "look" like it was in right from a distance, but the shifter would not move.
I sure hope so,its weird it just seems like its seized up and it wont move...the slot werar the shifter goes into is solid and won't budge at all....pissing me me

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Havent had a chance to work on it yet guys but thanks for everything...work has consumed me but hopefully tmorrow i can get it apart again and check it out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts