TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I posted this request a month or so ago. I need help rebuilding my slave-cylinder. I can't take the sqeek anymore, and rolling under my truck with PB lube every other week is gettin old. Last time I had some offers, if your still there you can email me [email protected].
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
503 Posts
I dont know what your issue is. But i had squeek where the rod coming out of the slave cyl was rubbing on the fork coming out of the tranny. I sprayed it with white lithium grease and everything was good.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
205 Posts
You shouldn`t have to rebuild the slave cylinder to get rid of the squeek.
Is it inside or outside? If it`s inside the squeek is probably up there were the spring is.
I used to get a bad squeek everytime I pushed in the pedal and I got up in there and sprayed all the pivot points with white lithium grease.

By the way, I used to live in Plant City and worked in Tampa years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The squeek is definatly outside the truck, If I remove the dust boot from the side of the tranny and spray some lube in that hole, then it will stop for a few weeks only to return again, I can't really see what I'm spraying so I don't know exactly the problem. I was told it was the slave cylinder on the board a while ago.

·
Registered
205 Posts
davelemaster said:
The squeek is definatly outside the truck, If I remove the dust boot from the side of the tranny and spray some lube in that hole, then it will stop for a few weeks only to return again, I can't really see what I'm spraying so I don't know exactly the problem. I was told it was the slave cylinder on the board a while ago.
Just be careful where you spray inside there. If you get grease or oil on the clutch you`ll have more problems than just a squeeky pedal. As far as what the squeek is caused from I can only guess. The fork that pushes the throw out bearing into the pressure plate pivots on a "ball" on the inside of the bell housing. It may not have any grease on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts