TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is the scoop.

Sunday September 20th I've got an event I have to attend (part of the deal with the price/deals i got cut for my motor in my civic) at Bandimere. However, my parents are (conveniently) going out of town that same weekend, so I do not have a truck to pull my car on a trailer with.

I was going to see if someone would be interested in maybe attending the event, and hauling my car up/back for me? I can pay for gas, and I'll even pay for your spectator ticket for the day.

Or if someone had a truck I could borrow for the day (this is asking A LOT, and I am in no way, shape, or form, expecting it) that would be awesome too! I would bring it back to you with more gas in it than I used.

Chime in if you're free on September 20th, and you're interested. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks
- Nate

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car's approx. 2500 lbs, trailer is approx 2300lbs (steel flat bed, tilt trailer)

car's not currently back together. But the motor will be ready to go in thursday night.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
tow with taco???? more of a curiosity thing i guess???

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't recommend towing with a taco personally, maybe if the trailer was lighter. The setup noticeably sags my dads 3/4 ton truck even with air bags in it. It's a pain to get stopped as well without trailer brakes, it pushes the 3/4 ton around a decent amount when braking.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I wouldnt tow that with a taco either. from the few loads i have towed trailer brakes would be a must if a taco was hauling that much weight. dont have a truck to offer or the time that weekend tho. sorry nate. good luck finding something

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
oh i assumed it had trailer brakes.... i wish i could help but im not that crazy....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol yea, I appreciate it Rich!

It's a really nice trailer, and it's just weird to me that it doesn't have trailer brakes... but oh well.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
when the time comes we can always convert it.... i know someone that used to work on RV's.... actually the hardware usually isn't that bad depending on the axle... and there isn't much to trailer brakes... a electromagnet and +/-

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the trailer I'll be using this day is actually my bosses, so it's more or less his problem, not mine :p :D LOL

Granted... it could potentially become quite a large problem for me haha

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Saw your PM before I read this thread. I guess if could offer up my taco it wouldn't be a good idea. I don't know anybody with a bigger truck either.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the offer, sucks you've gotta move. Was lookin forward to doing some boarding this winter, looks like you'll have to take a long weekend and come up for some boarding instead then eh?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thanks for the offer, sucks you've gotta move. Was lookin forward to doing some boarding this winter, looks like you'll have to take a long weekend and come up for some boarding instead then eh?
Weekend?!...I'm taking a whole week :cool:

December can't get here fast enough! :headbang:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
We are running spring creek on Sat, but could help Sunday!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts