TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am goodyearmtr in the GA Chapter also. I just lifted my 04 Double CAB using 882's and N91's, AAL in rear. I wanted to lower front diff but dont think the kits sold will not work, it looks to me like the locking actuator will hit the crossmember if lowered. Can someone verify that the 2 bolt kit will work on the 04, or is it 3 bolts like I am seeing? I am on AIM/cgaengineer or Yahoo IM/cgaengineer, chime in I am up!

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
GoodyearMTR said:
I am goodyearmtr in the GA Chapter also. I just lifted my 04 Double CAB using 882's and N91's, AAL in rear. I wanted to lower front diff but dont think the kits sold will not work, it looks to me like the locking actuator will hit the crossmember if lowered. Can someone verify that the 2 bolt kit will work on the 04, or is it 3 bolts like I am seeing? I am on AIM/cgaengineer or Yahoo IM/cgaengineer, chime in I am up!
what are you talking about??

With that lift you should not need any "diff drop" since you'll barely get 2.5" after settling and your inner boot fins shouldn't be touching much.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Mike said:
He's talking about teh diff drop mang!

It goes like this....

this is better:

http://www.norcalttora.com/~chris/vids/Josh's%20SAS/

:welder:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More like what are you talking about, I measured before and after and its a little over 3 inches now. I asked a simple question and you answer me with a question? Do you have some kind of problem? I am sure your chapter president wouldnt treat me like that. Thank you all who replied with the smart ass answers, they really helped alot!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
GoodyearMTR said:
I asked a simple question and you answer me with a question? Do you have some kind of problem? I am sure your chapter president wouldnt treat me like that. Thank you all who replied with the smart ass answers, they really helped alot!!
Well this comment will definately increase the amount of help you will get. What are you going to do...tell on him? :rolleyes:

On my 4Runner's diff drop, the clearance is small but nothing is touching the cross member. We have the same front diff so unless there is something different that I don't know about (distinct possibility) the diff drop will work just fine on your 04.

Worst case...do the diff drop. You will find out pretty quickly if it causes clearance issues for you.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Mike said:
He's talking about teh diff drop mang!

It goes like this....

lmao that the best diff drop you can do. lol

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
GoodyearMTR said:
More like what are you talking about, I measured before and after and its a little over 3 inches now. I asked a simple question and you answer me with a question? Do you have some kind of problem? I am sure your chapter president wouldnt treat me like that. Thank you all who replied with the smart ass answers, they really helped alot!!
First off take sarcasm lightly! aka "be thick-skinned". Second he had good reason to "answer" your question with another.

Give us moreinfo on your truck and setup. Is it a V6, how long have you had the lift (that way we can tell you give it more time or not to settle), and how hard do you wheel? The more info you give us the more helpful we can be.

Im in the GA chapter and haven' seen you name before, do you have a diff. name on the GA board? and how long have you been a member?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I'm not going to tell on him! They were not going to help anyway with that smart ass comment. If someone asks a question and you answer with smart ass comment, evidently he doesnt know the answer!! I really dont care if he answers or not, there are many more helpful people in other forums, I dont need this crap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasnt in the mood for sarcasm...... sorry. I have a problem!! 2004 Double CAB V6 4x4 TRD package. Lift has been on for about a week, I am sure it will settle, but how many inner boots am I going to replace before it settles?

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
I have the same set up you have and I put the Revtek diff drop on. Not sure I needed it though as the fins on the inner boots were not touching before the Revtek diff spacer. I have heard, but cannot confirm, that the inner boots were changed for 2004 and have a wider spacing on the fins. Your OME 882's will sag! I started with a little over 3" gain in the front and after 9 months I'm down to 2.5". As for clearance issues with the diff drop, the Revtek kit fits and works well. IMO
Bill

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
GoodyearMTR said:
I wasnt in the mood for sarcasm......

then you have come to the wrong forum ;)

sorry. I have a problem!! 2004 Double CAB V6 4x4 TRD package. Lift has been on for about a week, I am sure it will settle, but how many inner boots am I going to replace before it settles?

"I wanted to lower front diff but dont think the kits sold will not work, it looks to me like the locking actuator will hit the crossmember if lowered. Can someone verify that the 2 bolt kit will work on the 04, or is it 3 bolts like I am seeing? I am on AIM/cgaengineer or Yahoo IM/cgaengineer, chime in I am up!"

this was your original post and frankly, it's a little confusing. "2-bolt kit/ 3-bolt kit" ?? huh? The kits that you'll see posted about here contain 2 longer 1/2" g8 bolts and nuts and spacer pucks. what 3rd bolt are you talking about? for the OE skid plate?

the only kits available to actually DROP the entire front diff are part of the 'drop-bracket' style lifts like Trail Master, Fabtech, etc. The often quoted, "diff-drop" does not lower the diff but rather pivots down the front of it using the rear mount bolt/bushing as a pivot point. the kits that are on the market are pretty much useless. the amount of change in the inner boots can be measured with a micrometer...yea, it's that small. If your inner boot fins are not jammed together when your suspension settles you won't have an issue. Adding a "diff-drop" kit as a temporary 'fix' until the coils settle will not do any good. You just have to get the truck out and wheel it to get things settled.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
Im in the GA chapter and haven' seen you name before, do you have a diff. name on the GA board? and how long have you been a member?

Who is this?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Thats what im saying.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Im done here See ya guys...............If I see ya one the trails so be it.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
hytenor said:
the only kits available to actually DROP the entire front diff are part of the 'drop-bracket' style lifts like Trail Master, Fabtech, etc. The often quoted, "diff-drop" does not lower the diff but rather pivots down the front of it using the rear mount bolt/bushing as a pivot point. the kits that are on the market are pretty much useless. the amount of change in the inner boots can be measured with a micrometer...yea, it's that small. If your inner boot fins are not jammed together when your suspension settles you won't have an issue. Adding a "diff-drop" kit as a temporary 'fix' until the coils settle will not do any good. You just have to get the truck out and wheel it to get things settled.
We really need a FAQ online here. When it's up and running this is going in it.

Later,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Mike said:
We really need a FAQ online here. When it's up and running this is going in it.

Later,
....Mike
LOL, no kidding ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the reply, thats what I was asking for ..........just a little help!! If its going to settle so be it, I guess I will just have to wait.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this was your original post and frankly, it's a little confusing. "2-bolt kit/ 3-bolt kit" ?? huh? The kits that you'll see posted about here contain 2 longer 1/2" g8 bolts and nuts and spacer pucks. what 3rd bolt are you talking about? for the OE skid plate?

Well I was assuming the 2 bolt kit fit something else, as my 04 has three bolts for front diff and a kit sold for it has only 2, if you are actually going to drop the diff, we are one bolt shy? I understand now that the whole thing just pivots.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
GoodyearMTR said:
Well I was assuming the 2 bolt kit fit something else, as my 04 has three bolts for front diff and a kit sold for it has only 2, if you are actually going to drop the diff, we are one bolt shy? I understand now that the whole thing just pivots.
If you're seeing three bolts, then you're probably not looking at the right bolts, or looking at one that you don't need to be looking at. A picture would be worth a thousand words here. Think you could take one and post it, so we could see the bolts you're talking about?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts