TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my charger installed and went to start the truck and it doesnt start it just clicks like a rat tat tat....anyone got any ideas? tried the baterry and that seems to be fine

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Repeated tat tat tat tat tat ...like an electrical problem but it wont start... the engine does crank though as I was worried that I dropped a bolt down into the engine but I dont think that is the case...

·
Registered
123 Posts
ya it sounds like it doesnt have enough umph to get going. try a jumpstart or charge your battery. depending on how old your battery is, it may be time to get a new one, if it seems like it isn't holding much charge.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
OK, so when you turn the key to the start position the starter does engage an causes the engine to rotate, but for some reason it will not start. If that is not right let me know.

On the driver's side of the supercharger there is a black box that has diagnostic on the cover. Where that bolts to the supercharger there is supposed to be a bundle of grounding wires. Do you have that bunch of wires bolted to that diagnostic plug bracket?

If not, you truck will not start. That is the grounding poing for many of the sensor and such on the engine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it started... I guess I just didnt clean out enough around the positive terminal on the battery...Also when I mounted the vacuum switching assembly on the firewall it makes a tapping sound and removing it stops this sound...Doesnt anyone know of any other place to mount this as the firewall seems to be acting as an amplifier for the sound

1 - 6 of 6 Posts