TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Ideas on this guys?

Details....95 maxima 300,019k and has ran perfect. 300k got a good romp and grabbed 2nd gear with no effort(auto trans!) I drove the car 2 days after that being nice to it and it drove great! I let it sit from Thursday to the next friday and as as it always has it was harder to start after sitting(been hard to start after sitting 13years so its nothing new) battery was kinda low and i had to jump it. I drove it across town, to the gym, parked it over night and it was fine. the car sat all weekend and i got in to run to boulder and again the hard start ran the battery low. none of thats the real issue....the issue is after charging the battery rather then jumping it the car is sputtering like crazy, really weak in the power department and sounds like a misfire but its firing.

My thoughts...Its been 300k of hard miles..Dead cylinder or weak cylinder?

Bad plug that tests ok but under hotter spark it fails?

dirty or clogged injector?

I sprayed some t-body cleaner in and went out and ripped on it a bit and it seemed better but it runs so slow its hard to tell. It runs like my buddys 3.0 that lost a cylinder. I reset the ecu twice now and it didnt help. No vac leaks, nothing was changed and the car has been well serviced other then needing an oil change.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same sort of problem with my 93 camry. Didn't have any power when you got on it. Found it was the sparkplugs and a bad harness.
Just another idea for you.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Might as well throw in new plugs and wires for good measure, as long as a compression test checks out? It seems like everytime any vehicle I have ever worked on still ran, but not well, it was an ignition problem.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to replace the plugs if the compression test shows everythings ok. My dad said it sputtered on him a few months back when he used it but it cleared up after about a block. I just wonder why it would do this after a dead battery.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
insufficient spark energy? if there is a charging issue the system might be bleeding electricity or be using too much in the charging process. not likely but ive seen it happen when jumping EFI vehicles

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
sludge buildup might explain the hard starts after sitting. I don't know of any sludge issues with the Nissan 3.0L engine though.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shes on auto repair! I drover the car sputtering to pick up parts at scotts and got caught in the rain. about 1/2 way back to the shop it felt like it was driving normal and when i stepped on it everything was fine. I dont get it but im just going to pretend its fine tel i have reason to look in to it more. Im looking at cars on Wed. so i may not have to drive it all the time. It started out as a dreaded thing but its kind of a cool to see how far it will go. 300,090 now...i wonder if it will make 400k lol

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would look at the sensors and the ecu for moisture or just see if they are plain worn out ...

eventually sensors will throw a CE light but not until the signal lose is sustained ... an ECU fault however can just F'k with ya for a while until it all goes bad!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What was weird is it didnt throw one code and the CEL was never on. It runs great now.....oh well im going to drive it tell the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
You know what they say Russ... when you hear a bad noise... just turn the radio up to make it go away!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tellin ya man, shes missing the nitrous that was once ran through her :D
I dont think she would like that anymore. I am scared to seafoam the thing for fear the carbon will be gone and it will have no compression.....it would smoke like crazy tho!

You know what they say Russ... when you hear a bad noise... just turn the radio up to make it go away!
Thats why it has 2 12's.....i think its making the rattles worse tho.:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts