TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I finally have my truck driveable and I am having problems with the brakes. Heres the deal: I have a dana 44 with stock jeep wagoneer brakes, removed LSP with stock rear brakes. I have bled and bled various ways and still the brakes fail to get hard. They will pump up but with the engine on and power on, the pedal goes down half way, to the rear brake piston I assume. There is no fluid leaking and I have rebuild and carefully inspected the master cylinder. My toyota tech friend thinks that the LSP can't be removed that simply, but I got the proportioning valve to the rear from front range and installed as instructed. This is killing me! Any help would be greatly apprecieated...

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Tacominator said:
Hey everyone, I finally have my truck driveable and I am having problems with the brakes. Heres the deal: I have a dana 44 with stock jeep wagoneer brakes, removed LSP with stock rear brakes. I have bled and bled various ways and still the brakes fail to get hard. They will pump up but with the engine on and power on, the pedal goes down half way, to the rear brake piston I assume. There is no fluid leaking and I have rebuild and carefully inspected the master cylinder. My toyota tech friend thinks that the LSP can't be removed that simply, but I got the proportioning valve to the rear from front range and installed as instructed. This is killing me! Any help would be greatly apprecieated...
are you sure thats not jsut the way they feel now??
after my swap it took a short to get use to the brakes.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll bet you are right grumpy, the waggy calipers probably just take more fluid than the toy ones hence the squishy pedal. Mike, I have already ditched the lsp for a wilwood, thanks for the link though- looks like a good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Just saw your build up...

Very impressive.

How does the front suspension do?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Tacominator said:
I'll bet you are right grumpy, the waggy calipers probably just take more fluid than the toy ones hence the squishy pedal. Mike, I have already ditched the lsp for a wilwood, thanks for the link though- looks like a good idea.
can you push the pedal down to the floor jsut sitting still??? at first I could tehe nre-bled brakes and can't but pedal still feels spongy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts