TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes. I have installed a stage 1 Web cams in my 03 2.7 3rz. I also added Downey header and full exhaust no cats & K&N.
My questions are as follows:
1: If I put 440 Bosch injectors and a Walbro Pump will this work as it is set up now.
my theory is that it will shorten the pulse if its running too rich.
2: If I decide to go S/C will I need the 5th injector? or will the 4 be enough with the larger injectors?
3: should I wait to put the 440 injectors in till I S/C but put the walbro in now?
4: last but not least the 440 Bosch are not too big? I hope not I hope my theory one question 1 is correct
S/C is something I always wanted to put in and this is the first opportunity I will have and am extremely new to the challenges. The S/C is about 6 months away but I want to armed to the teeth when it comes time. I look forward to any help or support you guys and gals will offer and want to thank you in advance.
Excessivetoyz.

Final note I have done a search and reviewed everything I could get my hands on.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
440 as in 440 cc's? I know on the v6's with superchargers we only use up to 310 cc and some think that is too much.

you should be able to install the fuel pump prior to the supercharger, but I would wait and do everything together, especially the injectors. If you have the parts you are ahead of the game anyway, just wait and do a complete install. Save wear and tear on the parts until they are actually needed!

·
Registered
215 Posts
why did you take off the cats?!?!?
you should have just bought high flow ones!!!!
thank you for putting more shit into the air!!!
:mad: :asshat: :xsmash:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply bear

why did you take off the cats?!?!?
you should have just bought high flow ones!!!!
thank you for putting more shit into the air!!!
:mad: :asshat: :xsmash:
Blue if you are buying I'll Install

·
Registered
836 Posts
Do you have some type of controller for the larger injectors? The stock ECU won't like them very much without some sort of piggyback. If you go to larger injectors, stay away from the fifth. If you go fifth injector, stay away from larger ones. Either way, you likely need a bigger fuel pump. Are you sure that you are safe to run a super charger with your upgraded cams?

Not that we all wouldn't like a little more than we have, but without cats, I hope this is not a daily driven street rig.......they are there for a reason and it is against federal law to remove a functioning cat.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I have considered a high flow cat. I will consider it more a true hotrod of anykind is never done there is always one more thing. Enough on that.

I checked with where I got the cams and discussed the S/C at the time of purchase and was assured it would only work better because it would breathe better. I did not discuss the injectors at the time but will eventually get there. I was hoping to enjoy a bit of high end discussion and learn as much as I could before the actual purchase and install. I believe the S/C kit comes with a MAF and knock modifiers. I want to make sure I have all the parts and understand the issues I may face before I start.
Please post your opinions I am receptive and appreciative.
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Breathegood brings up some good points! you also have to consider your fuel management system i.e ECU! I don't know what would be good for a 4 cylider. but for my 3.4 I am running the bare minum for a piggy back. A split second TCM 1.1 (if I remember right, it has been too long since I even looked at it) but all it allows me to do is adjust the timing by being able to retard it in 1/10 increments! But there are a lot of good ECU piggy backs on the market.

URD has done a lot with the 3.4 V6 engines being supercharged. you might want to contact them to see what they have done with the 2.7's

Also LC engineering does a lot of good things with the 22r's and 22re's They may have some insight on what you need to be thinking about as well.

But I am only guessing here, but my guess is you are getting the supercharger from Alpine? If so, contact them directly, let them know you are considering a supercharger and trying to do you homework before hand. they should be willing to give you all the knowledge you need.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have actually been speaking to LC they have lots of cool stuff for my 2.7. I have been looking at the alpine web site too. I keep hoping URD will list a 2.7 S/C kit but I have not seen it yet.
Thanks Again.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Well good luck! once you get blown, you are addicted for life!

But right now with the gas prices and having to run 93% octane, it is taking a big bite out of my wallet! Something else to consider when thinking about a supercharger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts