TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sean, thanks again man! I really appreciate the help. If there is anything I can do to help ya out, or if any of the parts dont work, let me know!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we go:
So i put new tires on the rig:

Kidding aside, heres the before:

Heres the pics of the new ones next to the old:

So I got some more done with the rig. Got the tires mounted and went with the dynamic balancing route... figured up around 10 oz of BBs. went ahead and just put 3000 in, should be around 11-12 ozs. After getting them on, I realized just how much trimming this is going to take. Not your walk in the park. I've removed everything out of the back, working on pulling the ECU and putting it in the glovebox, and the fuse box needs relocated up as well.... Going to have to tub about 2" off the firewall, and about the same off the corners of the rears... Decided on the center of the rears im just going to remove the pinchweld and make it curved. should net be about 1.5". I'll flex that out and see what I get before i weld it back up. On to some pics:

Got the fenders off to cut the firewall:

Good before and after on just the tires:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a lot more done last night and tonight. stripped the interior last night to make way for the plasma cutter. Took the plasma to it tonight, and its all good to go. Guys at work are fabbin up some patch panels tonight, should have them ready in the morn. I'm just going to tack them on and wheel it to see if we've actually trimmed enough, but flexing it out, it looks pretty good. Ended up taking a moderate amount out of the floor board and cab corner, some out of each rear quarter (moreso in the rear), and about an inch or two around the top (didnt need as much as i thought, tire kinda tucks in there! I'll get some pics up tomorrow of the work!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Wahooo! man wat a difference. You keeping the ifs? If so Make shure you take pics of the carnage :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
yep, keeping the IFS. we'll see if i cant make 37s and IFS halfway work together.
:eek:...If you like the skinny pedal it'll only be halfway working after the first trip. I predict dual cv failure:D . I replaced 6 cv axles in my taco in 2 years on 285's and no lockers. Only 1 was because of a front locker and after that one snapping the shaft off inside the diff I realized that ifs+locker= bad juju and sold it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, knock on wood, with 33"s and a front locker, 2 years of wheelin with lots of skinny pedal, I have yet to break a CV. I have however, broke 2 inner axle shafts. And I'm bringing a spare on the next trip. I do think the steering linkage is going to be what i shatter.

·
Registered
777 Posts
well, knock on wood, with 33"s and a front locker, 2 years of wheelin with lots of skinny pedal, I have yet to break a CV. I have however, broke 2 inner axle shafts. And I'm bringing a spare on the next trip. I do think the steering linkage is going to be what i shatter.
Wow the old ifs must be 10 times stronger than the new. Anyway if you happen to break any cv's or anything and need spares I've got a set i dropped off the frame for the buggy. Maybe we could work something out on swapping some parts for me to get that tcase.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, pic time... sorry it took so long. Also hopin to get the sheet metal cut up and welded in today too.

Dr side firewall:

Dr front rear:

Dr back rear:

Ps back rear:

Ps front rear:

Ps firewall:

Dr floorboard:

Ps floorboard:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14