TTORA Forum banner

Help with adding to fuse

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Duckin 
#1 ·
I am trying to hook up a back up camera. I need a fuse tap that will work with the small fuses that Toyota uses. I can not find them anywere. Does anyone know were I can get one.

Thanks

#8 ·
I have not seen replacement fuses that match the ones in the truck. Is the dealership the only place to get them. The mini fuses are not the same as the toyota ones. Will they still fit?

#9 ·
I think ive seen thoes before. its hard to say from the pic but its just a socket that plugs into where the fuse belongs right? how they actually work. Do they keep the origional circuit intact same fues rating. and add a second circuit at whatever Amp you want?

Im kind of looking for the same thing. I need a powersource for my e-locker and didnt really want to add it to the poweroutlets along w/my e-fan and aircompressor relays since im guessing it draws more current then the relays will. last thing I need is for my fan to go out unnoticed because i turned the locker on.

Andy

#10 ·
If you want to get really pretty and make it look completely stock, you can solder into a wire in the back of your fuse box.

My truck did not come with Fog Lights. However, the connectors are just there in the fuse box. I snipped the wire and soldered in my own which runs to my own switch.

Now, I have a socket in my fuse box that accepts the stock fuses, and looks completely stock. This slot is now for my LED rocklights, which only pull 1 amp of power.

I wouldn't recomend doing this for anything over 20 amps.

I get my fuses at the auto parts stores. Don't know about the 05's and above, but the pre 05's just use Mini ATC fuses.

#11 ·
you can use empty slots in the main fuse box under the hood for larger amp-draw items ;) The fuses can be ordered from Toyota parts.

#14 ·
The item in the picture works great. You take the toyota fuse out and slide the fuse tap into the fuse slot. They it has 2 fuse slots on the tap. one for the one you took out and one for the new item. It also just uses the standard mini fuse. works great .

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.