TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need one teacher and one student for some answers. i need more than one word answers... maybe a sentence or two. as far as being a teacher it doesnt matter what grade or subject. thanks in advance. id like to try to get 2 students and two teachers if possible.

REQUIRED:
Interview one teacher and one student (not in our class). Tell them that this is a class project and the goal we wish to accomplish is establishing a model classroom for ethical conduct. Ask them for suggestions on how to improve ethical behavior in the classroom. Make it clear that you mean ethical behavior by teachers AND students. Let them know that their identities will not be disclosed. Type their suggestions in four columns as follows:
Students suggestions for students
Students’ suggestions for teachers
Teachers’ suggestions for students
Teachers’ suggestions for teachers
After you've conducted the interviews, and typed their suggestions, write a brief reaction to your findings.

thanks, nick

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
From my 3 years in college:

1. Students should only be in class to learn, not make friends or get attention.

2. Teachers need to stay on topic. No convoluded storytelling, no politics, no busy work.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
AK98Taco said:
no busy work.

amen to that one...... I've got a biology teacher that thinks busy work is next to godliness, on top of that it's a night class so she holds us for almost 4 hrs just doing BS work. Thank GOD this semester is almost over. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
414 Posts
AK98Taco said:
From my 3 years in college:

1. Students should only be in class to learn, not make friends or get attention.

2. Teachers need to stay on topic. No convoluded storytelling, no politics, no busy work.
A good learning environment is a comfortable one. You don't learn anything if all you can think about is how much you hate being where you are.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Now my turn............

Students should learn a thing or 2 from the Chinese..... when you leave the classroom, don't stop learning. Put down the bong and the long necks and study or at least watch an educational channel such as Discovery, History, TLC, etc.

Teachers should try and remember what it was like to be a student..... Realize some students are working fulltime and going to school fulltime, the ones that are struggling due to their working hours, cut them a little slack when you know that's the problem. An example from personal experience.... Due to a financial situation, last semester I was taking 16hrs, working a fulltime job, and working a parttime job after my fulltime job was over for the day. I was in class at 8, left school @ 10, straight to my fulltime job, got off at 7, headed to my parttime job and worked from 7:30-11:30pm. Then on the weekends I would work Saturdays @ my fulltime job 7am-12:30pm, go to my parttime job at 3pm-11pm, then on Sundays I would have to work 3pm-11pm. Needless to say, it almost drove me to suicide..... literally. I had to completely drop all of my classes and my parttime job due to the stress. I wouldn't have done it if I would have hand another option. Tis all for now!

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
stu said:
A good learning environment is a comfortable one. You don't learn anything if all you can think about is how much you hate being where you are.
It's not a matter of being comfortable or hating where you are, it's a matter of not chatting constantly with people around you, or being on the phone, or speaking out of turn in class purely for the purpose of getting attention.

Make friends out of class. :mad:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I guess i'll speak on behalf of the Teacher part.

Teacher to students-
Respect for your instructor. A teacher maintains a high level of subject knowledge so in order to receive proper teaching, the student should have common courtesy/respect for the teacher and their fellow students. One students misbehavior affects everyone's learning.

Teacher to Teachers-
Always maintain student confidentiality. A students grades, records etc. are all personal matter and should only be discussed one on one with the student. Also, A lot of interaction between teachers and students keeps interest on the subject. Nobody likes a boring class; And last but not least, Fairness. Ensure and maintain Fair grading and teaching practices.

·
Registered
550 Posts
wslytoy said:
Put down the bong and the long necks and study or at least watch an educational channel such as Discovery, History, TLC, etc.
x2 on that, drinking at college is absolutely crazy, and its sad to seem some of the smartest and brightest being carted off to the hospital in an ambulance for doing something completely stupid.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Getting ready to graduate from college and this is my biggest problem:

Teachers need to teach. What I mean is that almost every Prof I have had went to HS, then BA/BS, Masters, PhD, then into teaching. Which might be fine for something like an English major, but I want someone who has been there done that. Not someone who read it out of a book, got tested on it, and is now "teaching" it to me. Just give me the book and call it a day.

Teachers should have to have a break from school for 5-10 years before they are let back in to teach. That will give them a real understanding of how the real world works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
GreenTaco4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing