TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some advice from the tech gurus please...Ive got 05 v6 tacoma
4x4 4dr. im getting an intermittent ping/knock at 1k to 2k rpm under light acceleration ie:acclertate then pull back then accelerate again which makes that pinging noise its driving me crazy the dealership is saying its a spark knock...I tried going to higher octane and fuel additives but know help. ive been using chevron gas. its still under warranty but the dealerships are not being coopertive at all

thanks i would appreciate the help

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I could use some advice from the tech gurus please...Ive got 05 v6 tacoma
4x4 4dr. im getting an intermittent ping/knock at 1k to 2k rpm under light acceleration ie:acclertate then pull back then accelerate again which makes that pinging noise its driving me crazy the dealership is saying its a spark knock...I tried going to higher octane and fuel additives but know help. ive been using chevron gas. its still under warranty but the dealerships are not being coopertive at all

thanks i would appreciate the help
Kinda wierd...

I have never heard any pinging or knocking from my '05 whatsoever.

Is yours all stock, or have you modified it in any way?

·
Registered
100 Posts
seeing as how this is already started i figured i would just throw in my two cents. are toyota's or the new tacoma's known for having fairly loud valves?? just curious if this is usual behavior since the clicking for my truck is pretty loud sometimes. just dont want to be driving around with bad valves in a truck that only has 12k on it and a 35k warranty

·
Registered
883 Posts
yes, they are infamous for being a little noisy, however, some are and some aren't, Myne is not bad at all, and I can only really hear it when I'm going through a drive through. Some people say premium helps, but I really don't think it does for valves, thats more towards injectors I think.

·
Registered
100 Posts
thanks for the info guys, as long as its just noise i'm not too worried about it, i'm going to be getting some JBA headers and a cat back soon anyways. i just remember hearing my valves get really loud on my old truck right before it threw a rod. and since i'm lookin to mod out my new tacoma i wanted to get it into the dealer before they wouldn't cover it under the warrenty anymore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts