TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I wanted to pick some brains to see if any knowledge is available in the motorcycle department. I have ridden dirt bikes for years, and am very comfortable on them. I have also ridden a Yamaha R6 on the street and know that a sport bike is not for me (too fast, too fun). Anyways, im looking at a couple options Honda Shadow VLX 600 and a Suzuki Intruder 700. It will be primarily a cruise around town, save gas type of bike. If a trip back home to KC is possible, id love to do it on a bike, but i know the 600 and 700 would make it more of a task than an enjoyable ride. Id rather not fill up the tank every 1-2 hours. Any thoughts? suggestions? I probably want shaft or belt drive to reduce my chances of screwing it up while working on it. All thoughts are welcome. TIA.
-hank

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hank! Good to see you around these parts again...

I wish I could help out here, but my experience with street bikes is very limited... I'm quite loyal to Honda though.

·
20,355 Posts
For me cruisers get uncomfortable way to quick. I do a lot of long rides though. 8hrs plus.

Also remember all bikes are fast and fun and can get ya into trouble but they only go as fast as ya tell them too.

That said I love my ex650r. Not fast by sport bike standards but comfortable for long rides and fast enough.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
ive been looking at a sv650... little longer than a sport bike... cruisers just seem too boring for me, as in i would get bored riding them lol.

im a suzuki fan..... but the yamaha cruisers seem to hold up pretty good to people dumping them over lol

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any other thoughts? ive had the opportunity to buy a sport bike, but just have to pass on it. its too risky for my speed driven life. i would be getting tickets or hurt. i know that cruisers are still fast and dangerous, but ive accepted that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts