TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have these Smudges on the hood, any ideas how to get rid of them? thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
What are they sumdges of?

You may have to use some cleaner polish if it is into the paint.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If it can't be removed with some kind of a cleaning agent, then bust out a buffer... (not the random orbital walmart style... A GOOD random orbital buffer from someone like bosch etc) use some light duty polish/cleaner and then get to work.... it'll take you about an hour, but you won't be able to see anything...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Brake fluid works well.

Let it soak into it for a few minutes before you wipe it off.
You sure you want to do that?!? Brake fluid eats paint for lunch, have you done this before?

·
Registered
779 Posts
yes, many of us use this technique ...works wonders

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude For someone who wasnt aware of brake juice and paint. Thats pretty messed up. I would be pissed

·
Registered
63 Posts
The one thing that like 90% of the time gets things off my paint is using a good ole clay bar. Just keep rubbin and lubbin til those smudges come right off!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
While soaking helps it will work a lot faster on the stubborn stuff if you put a lighted match to it. However, you'll have to keep feeding the flame with fresh brake fluid to keep up with the rapid evaporation rate. Just keep at it and soon enough you will be rewarded with a totally smudge free surface with a minimal amount of effort and elbow grease expended.

Buff that out just a bit and add a little wax to guard against future smudgeing, job done. Now kick back and open a cold one while you admire your work.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Dude For someone who wasnt aware of brake juice and paint. Thats pretty messed up. I would be pissed
why would you be pissed?
cause you were to stupid, lazy, or incompetent to find the answer yourself?
or cause you trusted someone without checking on the source or their info?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha No one likes you either Acid Rain. Ive read the posts. People want to ban both of you! haha Guess you losers stick together

1 - 20 of 27 Posts