TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a o4 manual s/c , urd,.just installed. when i step her down the back hops a few times. what is the reason for this and how to correct it. im getting better at the starts and its helping. is it just an operator error. i think i just need to feeel her out alittle better. any insight would help.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Like he said, traction bar will help.

The problem is that the axle twists in the leaf springs and untwists back and forth and this is called axle wrap and can lead to the wheels hopping up and down.

URD has a very nice traction bar to prevent this. Right now we have it available for the Tacoma SRunner street truck. We will soon have it for the new XRunner and the rest of the 2x4 line of trucks. We will also have them for sale for 4x4 applications.

As you can see it is a unique design and uses a single bar that runs along the propeller shaft.

It uses a very stout bracket that bolts to the diff assembly that is presicion cut on a LASER.

The front mount attaches to the frame cross member that supports the propeller shaft carrier bearing. The street truck version uses a unrathane bushing. The off road versions will use an articulated joint with a high quality heim joint.

The SRunner guys are eating these things up!!!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Very nice!!! Are they going to be available soon?? My deavers in the rear helped tremendously. Almost completely cured the hop. But, that traction bar would finish the job, I think!!!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
00trdtaco said:
i have a o4 manual s/c , urd,.just installed. when i step her down the back hops a few times. what is the reason for this and how to correct it. im getting better at the starts and its helping. is it just an operator error. i think i just need to feeel her out alittle better. any insight would help.
here's another one: http://www.bluedevilproducts.com/Home Page/Home Page, L1 Frameset.htm

click on 'traction control'

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
taco23 said:
That looks sweet, Gadget! How long before you'll have 'em out for PreRunners?
the red one is Budbuilt's new bar for the Taco. He's taking orders now ;) check his website for details

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The one in the pictures I posted is the URD bar for the 2x4 street trucks. Bud makes them for URD to our specs.

Bud is gearing up to make 4x4 bars that will also be sold on the URD site as a BudBuilt product.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Gadget said:
Like he said, traction bar will help.

The problem is that the axle twists in the leaf springs and untwists back and forth and this is called axle wrap and can lead to the wheels hopping up and down.

URD has a very nice traction bar to prevent this. Right now we have it available for the Tacoma SRunner street truck. We will soon have it for the new XRunner and the rest of the 2x4 line of trucks. We will also have them for sale for 4x4 applications.

As you can see it is a unique design and uses a single bar that runs along the propeller shaft.

It uses a very stout bracket that bolts to the diff assembly that is presicion cut on a LASER.

The front mount attaches to the frame cross member that supports the propeller shaft carrier bearing. The street truck version uses a unrathane bushing. The off road versions will use an articulated joint with a high quality heim joint.

The SRunner guys are eating these things up!!!
That looks and like a torque arm, like they use on 5.0s and F-bodies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
MDTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing